Distant Worlds: Music from Final Fantasy concert tour!

SwordBreaker

I got this in my e-mail today:

Dear fan of video game music,

Today we are excited to announce a new symphony world-tour with music from Final Fantasy. Commemorating the 20th anniversary of the release of the first Final Fantasy game to hit the market, Distant Worlds: music from Final Fantasy features the music of Japanese video game composer Nobuo Uematsu. The premiere performance of the official and exclusive tour will be by the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic on December 4, 2007. This spectacular event will launch the long awaited series of international concerts. Second stop will be Chicago on March 1, 2008. The award-winning music from Square-Enix's world-renowned Final Fantasy video game series and the state of the art videos and art stills shown on massive screens will highlight the games most memorable sequences and thrill audiences.

"I am greatly honored that the 2007 Distant Worlds: music from Final Fantasy tour will commemorate the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy by premiering exactly 20 years after the first game hit the market in December of 1987," said series composer Nobuo Uematsu.

"I am excited to be conducting Nobuo Uematsu’s captivating music once again and to collaborate with him in this exciting new production." Arnie Roth, Music Director and Executive Producer, Distant Worlds: music from Final Fantasy.

December 4, 2007, 8 pm: Stockholm, Arnie Roth conducting the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra and a choir, Nobuo Uematsu attendingTicket link: www.ffdistantworlds.com/stockholm

March 1, 2008, 8 pm: Chicago, Arnie Roth conducting the Chicagoland Pops Orchestra and CPO Festival Choir, Nobuo Uematsu attending

Ticket link: www.ffdistantworlds.com/chicago

For more information and newsletter subscription, please visit the official website at www.ffdistantworlds.com.

Kind Regards

Distant Worlds: music from Final Fantasy

Whohoo. I REALLY hope they play in Montreal and Toronto in the summer. I'm going to be in either city by that time, and I really want to experience something like this for once in my life!

Sounds awesome, but I wish we'd get some game concerts devoted to stuff that isn't Final Fantasy, hell, non-Square (VGLive doesn't count; it's such casual/mainstream selection of tunes designed to appeal to nostalgia, popularity, and ego).

I think that's unlikely to happen. These things are not really done for the art so much as they are done for the money. There is no money in obscure games.

Even on a practical level, think of cover bands, which are somewhat analogous to VGM concerts. Would you see a Police cover band play? Yeah, maybe. How about a Beatles cover band, assuming you like the Beatles? Probably. What about a zircon cover band? Uh... well, I'm not really popular and most people don't know me, so there's not really a market for people performing my music.

I think that's unlikely to happen. These things are not really done for the art so much as they are done for the money. There is no money in obscure games.

Even on a practical level, think of cover bands, which are somewhat analogous to VGM concerts. Would you see a Police cover band play? Yeah, maybe. How about a Beatles cover band, assuming you like the Beatles? Probably. What about a zircon cover band? Uh... well, I'm not really popular and most people don't know me, so there's not really a market for people performing my music.

Noob.

10charlol