Oldie, but a goodie

Ashram

I know this is way past late, but I was wondering.

Since OCR has already done projects for Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles, why not do Sonic 1?

It'd be a short album for sure, and most of the remixes in Sonic are for that game (Especially Green Hill). There'd be the intro, Green Hill Zone, Marble Zone, Spring Yard Zone, Labyrinth Zone, Star Light Zone, Scrap Brain Zone, Invincibility, and the ending.

I'm just throwing this suggestion out there, as I have no foreseeable remixing talent. (I barely know how to use GoldWave for music editing...)

I'm sure some mixers wouldn't mind doing that, but there are a billion other projects struggling to survive and get finished, so many are busy enough as it is. And like you said, there's already been a few Sonic projects so creating a project dedicated to a different game series might prove a bit more refreshing for some as well.

I know this is way past late, but I was wondering.

Since OCR has already done projects for Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles, why not do Sonic 1?

It'd be a short album for sure, and most of the remixes in Sonic are for that game (Especially Green Hill). There'd be the intro, Green Hill Zone, Marble Zone, Spring Yard Zone, Labyrinth Zone, Star Light Zone, Scrap Brain Zone, Invincibility, and the ending.

I'm just throwing this suggestion out there, as I have no foreseeable remixing talent. (I barely know how to use GoldWave for music editing...)

Que up Cryptic Marble(by DistantJ), Euroclub95 (by Rayza), Collision (by Stephen Malcolm), and Still In Your Marble Zone (by Diggi Dis) and be satisfied.

I know I was/am.

I personally think that Super Mario Bros. 3 needs more remixes. Yes, there are plenty of games that need remixes even more (many great soundtracks with any remixes whatsoever), but if the other Mario games get so many remixes, Super Mario Bros. 3 deserves more. It has a shit load of tracks, and all of them are awesome. SMB3 is also very diverse in musical style and would allow for lots of different genres to be used.

The Sonic series has been covered thoroughly, and has been done good justice, imo.