first

link at the top, pretty well marked.) Anyhow, if you could let me know

what

the status is then I would be quite appreciative as I'm hesitant to

submit new

material before the old ones clear.

Sincerely,

Per

*NOTE* Recalculate another month in his waiting time to date. Sorry Per Lichtman. I was slippin' but I'm back on the ball now.

No. I'm not caring for this. It's the arrangement as a whole. The stop/start nature of short note echoing chiptunes isn't helping either. The beatdrop is boring and repetitive. It's like if I were to pound my fist on the desk over and over. The ending isn't a cut off, but it's waaayy too abrupt. :x It's just... :x:?

Oh, it may just be my EQ settings, but I think the bassline that enters around 0:46 maybe above peak levels. And one last thing. This song DOES contain a drumloop but not so much that the whole song is dependent upon it. I DID want to make sure I came to the artist's defense on that.

I am so certain that we reviewed this before.

Perhaps not, but I think we did

In any rate, I made my decision on this song long ago and it hasnt changed with this hearing. I dont like the melody at all. There are parts where the melody just dont fit. I dont like how it was done. I dont like the effects.

I like the concept. It could have been more interesting if it was done better, etc

so NO

In regards to Protricity's statement - Since I became a judge, I have not judged this piece. You were added after me, so I'm assuming you haven't judged it either.

Well, to the ReMix - I personally really like this ReMix. But, that's probably just because I had a huge emotional attachment to the original. For that same reason, I could hate it. However, I simply don't hate it. It's pretty cool stuff. However, the ending is a bit abrupt, but that reason doesn't instantly change my decision. I dig Mr. Lichtman's style.

YES

I don't mind this mix. Obviously, it's not the greatest mix in history, and it's got some stuff in there which kinda ticks me off, but I think it works fairly well in its own disjointed way... I could imagine that the song would get a little annoying the 2nd and 3rd time around (only listened to it once), but I think there's just enough changes in it to make it viable. The lofi-ness of it all is cool at first, but gets on your nerves for the next 3 mins you have to listen to it. It didn't however make me hate it, probably because I do that kind of shit sometimes too in my stuff (more tastefully though). I assume that all the FF lovers out there will download it anyway, even if it's just because it has FF in the title.

EDIT: The more I listen to it, the more I don't like it. Originally I was going to say yes, but the cut-off abrupt end on it was the last straw for me.

NO

-Jive

Hmmm, I like the ideas (i.e. the main beat, and some of the variations), but the repetitiveness is killin me. Hmm... no wait, it's not. But this is just the first listen. I don't think I could listen to it more than... let's say... twice.

Ending = Cutoff = Bad

NO

DC

P.S. I'd really like to see what CotMM thinks of this one. Dunno why. He might dig it.

I'm not really enjoying this one overall, I couldn't even recognize the

theme until the last 30 seconds or so, maybe because I don't know the

entire theme well enough, but the lead instrument has a very

stereotypical buzz sound; missing some 'satisfying' highend overtones.

That always bugged me about buzz, because you really had to fux0r with

it to have it not sound 'cheap'.

Second time through this remix now and I'm still just feeling bored with it,

the drum loops is interesting, but I just don't feel enough movement

in it. It's tedious feeling. Sure there are some interesting bits here and

there, but overall I'm just feeling bored with it. That really makes me

sad because I know how much work Per had to put into Buzz to do this

track, because there is alot of stuff going on in the background, it just

doesn't feel unified though to me. And what's that little hic at about -1:07?

Also the ending, but that's been addressed several times now.

I know a lot of work went into this, but it just doesn't cut it for me,

Sorry Per--

NO