Lufia II: Of Gods and Men

Bahamut

Huh... well, that first deadline is coming up, and I see some great tracks that haven't been claimed yet (The strongest man, The Silent World, Four Gods...). Hopefully, people will see that this project is very much alive and kicking and get inspired to contribute their great ideas to the project before the gates close.

Let's see some excitement, here - there are already some amazing tracks formulating by bLiNd, Dragon Avenger and Abadoss (not to mention myself, not to boast or anything :lol:). Let's all get involved in this - Lufia 2 has some great tracks that need some representation!

you make remixes?

Alright, folks, got an important announcement for you all.

Bahamut, having left for bootcamp, has temporarily left the task of managing the project to Arek, Jade and I.

He expressed that he did not want to see his project get iced for another year, so rather than letting the project fall out of vogue once again he decided to let us take care of due dates, quality control, management, etc..

If you're interested in joining the project please contact Arek, Jade or myself. There's a lot of space to be filled, as of yet, so please take a look at some of the tracks and see if they interest you. I would take more myself, but I've already taken my share, there :P

Tenetively speaking, the next due date will be on July 1st. From those that are on the project already, I will be expecting something that is a WIP in progress with some work done. If there is a problem with that deadline for you (conflicts with plans/projects) then please contact me and we can work something out. Otherwise I will expect those WIPs. You could lose your claim to your track if progress is not shown by then - if you're green then I will contact you before dropping you, but if you're red and no WIP is present you will simply be dropped from the project, no questions asked.

If you're not already on board, feel free to make a claim. Until a rough WIP is shown and accepted, however, there will be nothing special about your claim, and you could lose it if someone else makes a rough WIP for the track in question. Feel free to claim tracks, but don't expect to hold them if you do not present a WIP to back the claim up.

Alright, I hope to see some progress soon. I've encouraged it before and I'll say it again - There are private forums where you can showcase your work. Whether or not you use them is up to you, but from there the project coordinators can easily access your music and let you know your status in this project. Please use them, if you're at all able to. If you cannot access them for any reason please PM me and I'll get you access to the forums.

This project has been left in the cold for too long, now. Let's bring it back to life - the soundtrack is just too good to leave alone like this!

EDIT: The second post has been updated with this information. Please refer to that post for current news on the project.

Edited by Gario

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright, better give this thread some attention, here - deadline's coming up and I've been out of town all month.

If anyone's been trying to get a hold of me and send me a PM of their updates then I apologize, since my PM box filled up while I was away. If you sent me something within the last two weeks you'll likely need to resend it. Otherwise...

Yeah, this is a general message saying that the deadline I had on the first post is tomorrow. HOWEVER, I've been off track on this lately so I'm giving this a one week extension. For those that have sent a PM to me and given updates and such, great! For those that haven't though (and don't get anything in by the deadline) then while you hold the track it becomes open to whomever wants to send a more complete WIP for the track (much like my policy on unclaimed tracks are, as it stands).

This may be harsh, but the project needs to move on. The names that are on the red tracks are great artists, and the sources are amazing, but if there's no activity or contact made soon then I'll have no choice but to open them up again. If you can't make the deadline but still want to hold the track please PM me and we'll work something out.

Alright, I'll be seeing y'all on July 8th. Let's see some awesome music come this way, here.

I'll be standing by to steal Battle #1 from OA

If ya dare, better do a friggin' epic job!

Kidding! Just thinking that for any remix of that now, 'Last Chance' is the benchmark :nicework:

But When it comes to battle themes... multiple remixes wouldn't hurt, isn't it? :puppyeyes:

Alright, as I've said before, if people didn't get in touch with me before the deadline then they would lose their claim. There are a few that haven't gotten in touch, so unfortunately a couple of claims are going to be knocked off the list. If you're one of those that lost the claim but still want to do the track then send me a substantial WIP and your claim will be restored. I hate to do this, but the project must move on - some of these claims are two years old, and the sources are too good to leave alone like that. If you're a remixer that's been looking to get on the project and have been looking at some of the claimed tracks, take another look, since some really good tracks have opened up.

If you're not already on board, feel free to make a claim. Until a WIP with some work done is shown and accepted, however, there will be nothing special about your claim, and you could lose it if someone else makes a WIP with some work done for the track in question. Feel free to claim tracks in this thread, but don't expect to hold them if you do not present a WIP with some work done to back the claim up. If you send a track and it's dubbed 'Rough WIP' then I will list you on the project, but your track will not be 'safe' if someone else produces a more complete track. Conversely, if you see a track you want and it's in the rough state then please start working on something. Not to be cruel, but it'll either be accepted as an album track (at the cost of the other person's track) or it'll push the original mixer to write something to save his/her track (and both outcomes are great, for this project). I'm pushing to get this project as far as possible before Bahamut gets back, so if you want to join in then bring something substantial to the table.

For those that are new to the project (or only have a rough WIP from the last deadline) I'd like to see something with some work done by August 12th. There's a good chance that Bahamut will be coming back by then, and I'd like to see as many new faces as possible on the project as a gift to him. For those that already are at that landmark the due date for substantial progress will be September 15th. Pending on Bahamut's opinion on this, those that do not submit something significant by then will not have any special claim to the track (and that includes my own Shrine track... I better get to work finishing that!).

Pending on Bahamut's opinion on it, of course.

If you're on this list then you've lost your claim. If you want to get back onto the project then please PM me with a WIP with some work on it.

Prophet (formerly claimed by Ergosonic and Daragen)

Rumbling (formerly claimed by hoha)

Tranquility (formerly claimed by Dr. Manhattan and Harjawaldar)

The Earth (formerly claimed by halc)

Battle #1 (formerly claimed by OA)

The One Who Will Save the Earth (formerly claimed by Monobrow and Protricity)

I know some of you have contacted me and said you're still interested in the project, so please just send something in and you'll be placed back onto the project, no problem.

Edited by Gario

I don't know what you were looking for, Brandon - a free claim to a track? It's no different than it's been running since I've held the project; if someone fulfills the requirements to a track then they can have the track. I just can't take empty claims anymore, they don't have much meaning after two years of waiting. Hopefully if people put effort into a track when they make a claim then they'll follow through with the track a bit more consistently.

At least that's the theory behind it. Let's see where it goes from here.

I don't know what you were looking for, Brandon - a free claim to a track? It's no different than it's been running since I've held the project; if someone fulfills the requirements to a track then they can have the track. I just can't take empty claims anymore, they don't have much meaning after two years of waiting. Hopefully if people put effort into a track when they make a claim then they'll follow through with the track a bit more consistently.

At least that's the theory behind it. Let's see where it goes from here.

You made it sound like the person who submitted the more complete WIP for the song out of everyone, gets the claim... so I imagined a handful of people vying for the same track, and one dude gets it because he roughs it out and finishes the song in a day. xD

I can make a claim and I'm good for any claims I make, but I can't commit to a rat race right now XD

You made it sound like the person who submitted the more complete WIP for the song out of everyone, gets the claim...

If you want to make a claim, make a decent WIP. Then it'll be your track. I won't be accepting claims otherwise, though, so if someone else produces then they'll get the track. Geoffrey had a similar system in place for the Donkey Kong project, so it's not unheard of.

It's rough, but as long as it works and do not fills the project with rushed tracks...

I hope for the best for this project, it's too good a soundtrack to get sub-par album (not that any OC album was like that, of course :-D)

Edited by ocremixfan

You can ask any director of any project I've been on - I've never made a WIP deadline. I do, however, ALWAYS make the final deadline. It's not how I work. My mixes come out of creative bursts that happen when the time is right and are usually finished within 48 hours.

I'll make the track either way, and I understand why you have deadlines - you want to make sure progress is being made on the project - but if someone else claims the track and submits their WIP I'll just release mine outside the project, which is fine.

You can ask any director of any project I've been on - I've never made a WIP deadline. I do, however, ALWAYS make the final deadline. It's not how I work. My mixes come out of creative bursts that happen when the time is right and are usually finished within 48 hours.

I'll make the track either way, and I understand why you have deadlines - you want to make sure progress is being made on the project - but if someone else claims the track and submits their WIP I'll just release mine outside the project, which is fine.

This is how I feel. I have a song that's like 90% done on this project already (Shaia), which I actually held off on finishing/finalizing because this project died while I was working on it... And yet am getting cut for another song I haven't started yet. Honestly while I understand the principle, I don't think it's fair. I will say this much, I am still very interested in doing the song we have claimed, but it cannot take priority at this time.

Here's why, I have been outputting to other projects that are going to be released much much sooner than this. And while Ari would have been more free to work on the collab with me at the time this project originally started a couple years ago or w/e, he has since become quite busy with another huge project that doesn't involve music. So I have no desire to force his hand and start the song without him and then wait two years for it to be released. As with Darangen, I do plan on doing the song regardless, but I have honestly suffered quite enough from being masochistic enough to join more projects and then working on songs that I have to go back and redo 2 years later because I have improved since then.

There really isn't much initiative with this project, and I honestly think that is because it was started while the original project lead was running about 3 (or more) other projects at the same time, therefore it was no surprise when this one died.

Anyway, music comes for me in creative bursts, and I have about 3 songs that I am working on for other projects that are either already finished, or are very close, some of which are last-minute from me, which will take priority. So if you want to, keep me and Protricity on, I promise to have a song finished in time for the project release, or even sooner, but if that's not enough I understand.