OCR02286 - *YES* Super Mario Galaxy 'Fill Me Up with Snacky Happiness'

OceansAndrew

ReMixer name: ProtoDome

Userid: 25246

Name of game arranged: Super Mario Galaxy

Name of song arranged: The Comet Observatory

Original Composer: Kondo? Was it?

Quite an old track, found it the other day, finished it off. Observatory themes are always awesome. Just to clarify, all the SFX are from Mario/Smash Bros games. Warning, this is pretty sexy.

Heh, "finished it off".

PS. All the source is used somewhere in there, just listen out for it.

Original Sound Track:

I was going to consider recommending this as an appropriate holiday release...until I heard those sfx. >.<

Orgasmic moans aside, this is a pretty sexy piece, with some smooth sax playing and that deep bass. Source usage is obvious and nicely adapted.

And, I have to admit, the yelps and moans are used oddly tastefully.

YES

I'm not sure they are orgasmic as much as they are "I just lost the round in street fighter", except for a few, which are pretty hot.

Anyways, nice arrangement for sure, and a good sound scape, it's kind of jazzy, but in space. Great sequencing rounds it out, and yeah, strangely enough, the ladies are pretty tastefully integrated. Nice panning and macro-stutters. Something like that I can really get behind.

Yes

• 2 months later...

I love this soundtrack. Man, they did a good job with it. :cry:

Pretty short and sweet arrangement. I don't think the mixing is as polished as some of Blake's previous stuff has been, but it's solid work. The electric piano felt like it should have been filling in more of the gaps, maybe too much of the bottom was cut out. Would have preferred it to be centered too. Only at 1:04, did the spectrum finally feel filled in. Here's your YES.

YES

Did someone say "orgasmic moans"? I'm so here!

This is pretty loud, it's actually clipping a bit, easy on the levels and treble my friend! I insist on you fixing that before this goes live. Clipping isn't okay, make sure none of your channels distorts.

However, the track is great. Cool instrument choices, great arrangement etc. etc. Wish there was a bit more bass and a bit less treble but I can still get behind this.

Keep up the great work!

YES(conditional on clipping)

• 1 month later...

The treble was on the piercing side, so I agree with Mattias there that it should be pulled back. That said, the arrangement was definitely solid, Smash moans or not. Wasn't really a fan of the moans. :lol: No hate (or effect on the vote), it just means it's not one I'd share with people when discussing what we do at OCR. :-P Well, time to add this one to the pile alongside Xenogears 'Daijiru (Too Hot for Clothes)'

YES (conditional)

• 3 months later...