OCR02251 - *YES* Streets of Rage 'Groove On' *RESUB*

Palpable

Previous decision

Okeedokee,

So this is a reworked version of the remix that got a No-Resubmit from the judges not too long ago. The two main gripes everyone had with it were the earpiercing leads and overcompression. I do admit I went overboard on those, by cranking treble way too high on the leads, hats, and crashes, and by overcompressing the whole mix a bit too much.

These issues are now fixed. In addition to the fixes, I have also made some small tweaks to the arrangement.

One more thing - I forgot to mention in my previous submission that some percussive elements in the mix are a tribute to Gecko Yamori's version of this track. Love his stuff.

Since I don't have dedicated hosting, I am putting it up on fireslash and attaching the file to the email.

Remixer: ambient

Name: Alex Gventsadze

Game: Streets of Rage

Song arranged: Keep the Groovin' (Round 4)

Remix title: Groove on

-----------------------------------------------------------------

sounds like early on the high hats are still a little piercing, but the rest of the track feels a lot better to me. There are a lot of really nice details tucked into this one, and some very cool syncopated synth parts that are tastefully panned. My only real complaint is that the ending is a bit weaksauce, but this track is all about the journey, not the destination. :-)

Nice work, good resub

Yes

• 2 months later...

That lead is fun, it's super glissy in a good way like the one from 'Yeah Yeah', by Bodyrox. Highly catchy, as is this. Production sounds pretty hella tite. Like Vinnie says, lots polish even on minor parts.

Arrangement is aight. Not a huge amount to go in from the source but it flows along well with a sense of direction and purpose. Definitely more developed then the original, which is classy.

YES