1918 replies to this topic

#1661 Arek the Absolute

Arek the Absolute

Milky Way Wishes Co-Director

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,074 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

fire emblem awakening is pretty much the best game on the 3ds out right now no questions asked

if you do not own it you are some sort of masochist or somethin cause you must like torturing yourself by playing games that aren't this good

ic8fg8.gif

#1662 ocre

ocre

Terry Bogard (+1300)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

and we still have Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing and Pokemon to look forward to this year.

(and an original Zelda 3DS - and possible Majora's Mask 3D - at E3.) Nice.

I love dis system. (Just a reminder, we're getting the entire Mega Man classic series on the eShop via Virtual Console - already got MM & MM2 - MM3 thru MM6 will be trickling out.)

Edited by ocre, 20 February 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#1663 Hylian Lemon

Hylian Lemon

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Lots of awesome games on the horizon, and now this:

http://www.joystiq.c...s-eshop-in-jap/

All hail the 3DS

#1664 Mirby

Mirby

Audio Engineering Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,570 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Looks like Lime of the Season may be a timely release after all XD

Posted ImagePosted Image
<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | Share & Enjoy now available! Click above! | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere

#1665 EC2151

EC2151

King Dedede (+2400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,412 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

The Oracle games are some of the best in the series, because they are based on the best 2D game in the series. So it's good to see them being rereleased.

#1666 Calpis

Calpis

Ghaleon (+1750)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

I liked the Oracle games, but the pacing felt really disjointed on Seasons for me. Either way, I'm totally buying both.

#1667 EC2151

EC2151

King Dedede (+2400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,412 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Season's overworld was the most egregiously gimmicky (though Ages fell victim to some of this too), but the dungeons were definitely top-notch material.

#1668 Brushfire

Brushfire

OverClocked After Dark Co-Host

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,654 posts
  • LocationAugusta, GA

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

Finally got around to playing Paper Mario Sticker Star. That game is alright.
Posted Image
"Why ya gotta do that shit Dave, puttin people on the spot!?"

#1669 Thalzon

Thalzon

Wario (+4000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Finally got around to playing Paper Mario Sticker Star. That game is alright.

Too bad that's all it is.

bossmonth2015.png

#1670 Unstable Hamster

Unstable Hamster

JC Denton (+950)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

You know, I agree, but I'm still glad I beat that game in the end. It didn't itch the Paper Mario crave I've been waiting for, but it was something new and they put a lot of good work into it. Kinda insane logic behind some of the puzzles though.
Posted Image
3DS: 1504-5768-2443 (Let me know you added me!)

#1671 The Derrit

The Derrit

Bonus kun (+2900)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

You know, I agree, but I'm still glad I beat that game in the end. It didn't itch the Paper Mario crave I've been waiting for, but it was something new and they put a lot of good work into it. Kinda insane logic behind some of the puzzles though.

i'm with you. some of the things that i got stuck on the longest were like 'oh yeah there's a hidden block here you have to hit with your hammer. duh.'

i also was sad they decided to put pretty much no story into it. bowser talks zero times, and after world 2 they just stopped putting in quirky and fun dialogue sequences that involved anyone but kersti and kamek (and wiggler, but that was for one world). they could have easily fleshed it out into something memorable, but seemed to choose not to, and in my opinion they chose not to because they wanted to make it 'handheld bite sized.'

that's a very scary prospect; i'm also nervous about this happening in luigi's mansion.
Posted Image

#1672 Mirby

Mirby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Well Fire Emblem certainly isn't "handheld bite sized," so I'd hope they continue down that path with providing experiences that aren't so fixated on the fact that game is on a handheld system.

Posted ImagePosted Image
<+overcoat> I am totally a weaboo fangirl | Share & Enjoy now available! Click above! | <jeffball> my balls are everywhere

#1673 cobaltstarfire

cobaltstarfire

Yoshi (+1400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • LocationTransient

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

i'm with you. some of the things that i got stuck on the longest were like 'oh yeah there's a hidden block here you have to hit with your hammer. duh.'

i also was sad they decided to put pretty much no story into it. bowser talks zero times, and after world 2 they just stopped putting in quirky and fun dialogue sequences that involved anyone but kersti and kamek (and wiggler, but that was for one world). they could have easily fleshed it out into something memorable, but seemed to choose not to, and in my opinion they chose not to because they wanted to make it 'handheld bite sized.'

that's a very scary prospect; i'm also nervous about this happening in luigi's mansion.

If the whole game had been like the forest area it would have been great. It was one of the the only parts of the game that really felt like paper mario other than having my stickers turned into sandles.

I'm not too worried though about future games- at least if nintendo values its feedback and reviews. It seems like most reviewers and players that have a problem with the game have the same general issues.

Hey but the music was pretty good...

I do have a question about fire emblem though. Is it possible to turn off the weird sound snipits of grunts/affirmatives/negatives/whatever the characters give at the beginning of every single piece of dialogue? Something about it makes me want to pull all my hair out.
Posted Image

#1674 ocre

ocre

Terry Bogard (+1300)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

I do have a question about fire emblem though. Is it possible to turn off the weird sound snipits of grunts/affirmatives/negatives/whatever the characters give at the beginning of every single piece of dialogue? Something about it makes me want to pull all my hair out.

*Chrom voice* Really?

- But seriously, I don't think there's an option for that. :( Maybe you'd like the Japanese sound clips better? You can change the vocal language in the options. Hmm.

#1675 Malaki-LEGEND.sys

Malaki-LEGEND.sys

Pikachu (+5000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,433 posts
  • LocationSan Juan, PR

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

There's an option for that in the in-game menu I believe where you can turn voices off.

^ Is your true name Rambo?

#1676 cobaltstarfire

cobaltstarfire

Yoshi (+1400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • LocationTransient

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Cool, thanks guys. Now I know when I get the game I won't have to mute it.
Posted Image

#1677 Mirby

Mirby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

I feel like the only person who likes those little snippets.
so lonely...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1678 Malaki-LEGEND.sys

Malaki-LEGEND.sys

Pikachu (+5000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,433 posts
  • LocationSan Juan, PR

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

I also liked those snippets. Game is great!

Also, so Castlevania Lord of Shadow: Mirror of Fate plays pretty nicely/ Gonna be grabbing that ASAP.

Also Etrian Odyssey IV has been grabbed, and I'll comment on it once I get a chance to play more than 10 minutes! Go go, 3DS library!

^ Is your true name Rambo?

#1679 Mirby

Mirby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,570 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

久しぶりにTwitterにアクセスしました。外国の方の声、ちゃんと届いてますよ! I accessed Twitter after a long absence. A voice of the foreign one arrives properly! ※翻訳ソフトを使用してます

海外の方からのコメントがとても多い! 皆様に遊んでもらえるようがんばります! There is very much comment from overseas one! I do my best to have all of you play! ※翻訳ソフトを使用してます^^;

Source 1
Source 2

hints of bravely default's localization? :D

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1680 CinnamonJihad

CinnamonJihad

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Source 1
Source 2

hints of bravely default's localization? :D

Aw come on, don't get my hopes up like that! It will be all the more tragic if nothing happens...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums