OCR02943 - Donkey Kong Country 2 'Beat the Woods'

djpretzel

This is pretty awesome! I love the little frequency-modulated bell sound playing the arp, and the live flute really helped on those flourishes, what with those little imperfections in the playing. Maaaaaybe a little overboard on the electric guitar playing, channeling a lil Joe Satriani-esque shredding into this piece, but hey, it's cool. Just don't lick the guitar strings. xD

Edited by timaeus222

The opening to this song is lovely and reminiscent of a woodland, reinforced by a beautiful flute performance. The brass caught me off guard, jarring me out of the moment with its-- and I know this is a really technical term-- doofiness. And yet, as the flute continued to dance and the guitar jumped in to steal the show (wow that was good), I ultimately embraced the brass and came out loving this ReMix big time.

- Stephen

Really loved the opening, where the flute and all else really seemed to bring the woods to life, and then when the brass came it, I agree with Emblem that it shook me for a moment, but it soon found it's place and I loved it. So much going on in this ReMix as far as instrumentation goes, which shows how well thought out this was, and of course I have to give a nod to the electric guitar. Having the guitar in the foreground while the woods slowly but surely popped back up with force at the end was great. Damn good stuff, man.