Liontamer

Ludomusicology Wikipedia article?

7 posts in this topic

@BardicKnowledge Would you (or anyone else here) be willing to create a stub Wikipedia page and/or link articles/interviews that could be used to source that article?

I am not actually the right person to do this -- at least not without informing the people who own ludomusicology.org.  I know them well though and will reach out today -- that's a good idea.

Edit:  This is now in process over at the Ludomusicology Facebook group.  Everyone thinks it's a good idea, but I'm not sure any of us has experience as a Wikipedia editor...

Hi, I'm a ludomusicologist based in Australia but have both attended and presented at the Ludomusicology Research Group conferences - do you know if this is still being addressed @BardicKnowledge ? I regularly keep in touch with both the organisers of the conference and delegates and could take this on

11 hours ago, BarnabasSmith said:

Hi, I'm a ludomusicologist based in Australia but have both attended and presented at the Ludomusicology Research Group conferences - do you know if this is still being addressed @BardicKnowledge ? I regularly keep in touch with both the organisers of the conference and delegates and could take this on

Feel free to jump on top of it!  I got far too busy with finishing my dissertation to take any real action on it, sadly.  Might be a good idea to send Tim, Michiel, etc. a draft version before you publish, but you probably wouldn't have to.

P.S.  I know one ludomusicologist based in Australia -- at the University of Sydney.  There's also a film scholar there, both of whom are worth your time to meet...add me on Facebook and I'll put you in touch! 

For more reference, Roger Moseley is the person responsible for coining the term "ludomusicology" in the first place, though I don't know when that was (long before the North American conference came to be though).

The "Ludomusicology" page got rolled into the "Video game music" page and combined with the "Video game music education" section. I separated it out into an "Academic study" section on that page, and added some details... I'd forgotten about this post :P it's a start anyway