Undertale - "Rad Goat Dad" ASGORE remix

Wolfblur

Hey everyone,

More over posting this out of curiosity on the feedback more than anything. I wouldn't consider myself a pro-level by any means but it's still nice to get some feedback and criticism from people who know their stuff every now and then haha. Anyway, this is a ska/punk/rock/whathaveyou remix of ASGORE from Undertale. It was kinda just a fun personal project I did nearly a year ago and wanted to make an ASGORE remix that wasn't just straight up metal or orchestral and so forth. Hoping the reviews on it give me some more umph to make some jams again since, well, you know how it goes sometimes. (If I need to post at a different upload site just lemme know)

Thanks everyone!

EVAL

Nah, Soundcloud works for here, though if you plan on submitting it either link the track to your e-mail or make the track downloadable in some form or another. I'm liking the style that you've got going here - Goat Ska works great for me. Definitely takes it to a different level, as far as tone goes, and I'm liking it.

Great way to introduce yourself to OCR, that's for darn sure. Nice, solid guitar playing and tone, and the style is slick to boot. The brass sounds pretty fake and unbalanced, but once everything gets going it's less of an issue. I could go the easy route and say get some live players, but that's not always an option for people. You do get some life out of them by playing with the dynamics and articulations, but when they're exposed in the beginning the articulation makes them sound like they're honking. It doesn't sink the track, but it does sound strange.

It's hard to give this anything other than a pass on the panel, though, even with the less human brass in the beginning. Welcome to OCR, by the way, and I'm hoping to see this get to the front page. ;)

Thanks for the heads up, uploaded the wav to Soundcloud.

Yeah I kinda did my best with the horns. I'm using NI's Session Horns Pro and while I messed a lot with the sounds note by note, I guess I could try and dive back in and monkey with it some more. If that intro is the main offsetting thing I might explore into doing a guitar/bass opening instead if I can't tidy up the horns. Just haven't been able to find much help on the internet for making the best out of vst horn sets as yeah, I don't really have the resources to do live horn recording haha.

Thanks for the insight and warm welcome though~

Welcome to OCR.

My only comment really is that the lead guitar is a LITTLE biting imo. You can probably round it out by cutting around 8k just a touch. That's probably more of my personal preference for warmer sounds than anything else, but since the lead guitar is so present and loud in general I don't think it would affect the overall mix other than making the lead a little less abrasive. I know you were going for that Ska-ish lead tone but I guess I'm used to those being recorded on tape so are naturally a little warmer haha.

God if for some reason you could get some live horns on this that would probably make my life, otherwise... yea great arrangment, great mix overall. :D Working with what you have, and you madei t sound great.