MnP 78: Suikoden 2 - Heart Softening Theme

HoboKa

Compo: MnP (Meat 'n Potatoes)

Round 78: Suikoden II - Heart Softening Theme

Midi: http://compo.thasauce.net/files/materials/MnP78_old-castle.mid

Youtube:

Here is a piece I think would be interesting to work on for the next MnP contest.  It is quite a simple theme but i feel it can be worked in a lot of different ways.
-Shido

Deadline: August 18th Fri @ 1PM

Vote Ends: August 20th Sun @ 11PM

Submit your remix Here when completed.

MnP ARCHIVE  made by Trism ;)

MISSION STATEMENT
The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. SOME reinterpretation is recommended, but not required.

MnP Instructions/Guidelines

1. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.
  2. Most or all of the source notes must be present (but not necessarily in the exact same order), secondly the mood (energy, pacing, feelings being conveyed etc) should also be retained. For example, a source tune that is fast-paced and energetic that's remixed into a mellow/chill-out theme would be a hard sell.
  3. If you decide to do a genre swap (i.e. symphonic to techno), make sure that the conditions of #2 are met.
  4. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).
  5. Only 1 entry per participant. Previous winner cannot participate but can submit a BONUS entry.
  6. Please don't make any comments about people's entries - including your own - until the Voting process is concluded.  BONUS entries are exempt of this rule.
  7. All competitors and voters must adhere to the rules stated within: Competition Code and Conduct

MISC/TIPS
- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make ppl's lives easier.
- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)

• 2 weeks later...

Submitted!

@Dextastic suggested I post here. I'd really appreciate feedback from anyone.

Silverpool - Your samples are poor and stuff is out of tune. This has been a consistent problem in your submissions.
Please post your workflow setup (DAW, plugins, instruments, etc) somewhere so we can give you some feedback to help you improve.

Ok, so you have FL Studio, which is a pretty popular choice. I don't use it myself but I know several people here use it so they should be able to give you some feedback on how to use it better. We can all help you better if you can give a little more info:

What instruments are you using?

What sliders have you been playing with?

What musical background do you have? (Do you play an instrument, have you studied music theory, etc)

Also I suggest you post a link to this thread in a PRC thread and an MnP thread to which you've made a submission. I think you'll get a lot more views and people willing to help that way.

If you have feedback, please post in this thread to keep the compo thread on topic.

37 minutes ago, eggsngaming said:

Also I seem to be having trouble creating an account on thesauce and I have to wait to try to register again. Apparently got the security question wrong or something. Anyone know how long I have to wait to try again?

No, I don't, but the PRC threads have instructions on how to make a ThaSauce account. This is the current round.