Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Naru

1. work-in-progress Mario Kart DS - Rainbow Road(Remix)

3 posts in this topic

I'm working on a Mario Kart Medley for my achievement of 7k plays on Soundcloud. It's gonna include 4 of my favorite Rainbow Road tracks (DS, GC, 3DS, 64). This is the DS version (I purposely put question marks in the title so people who follow me on Soundcloud can't figure it out). Some feedback would be nice in terms of what I could do better, what could change, etc.

Source: 

Congratulations on 7k plays! May you get many, many more. :) It's interesting how you phase out the bass in the beginning and then phase it back in. It sounds kind of spacey which fits in with Rainbow Road. Maybe you could do the opposite and phase out the high parts while the bass has the melody and phase it back in? Overall, your remix sounds pretty good (and is much better than the original). 

On 8/8/2017 at 8:25 PM, Light_of_Aether said:

Congratulations on 7k plays! May you get many, many more. :) It's interesting how you phase out the bass in the beginning and then phase it back in. It sounds kind of spacey which fits in with Rainbow Road. Maybe you could do the opposite and phase out the high parts while the bass has the melody and phase it back in? Overall, your remix sounds pretty good (and is much better than the original). 

Thanks so much! Maybe I could try doing more with the phasing of the melody. I'll do some experimentation with that.