Metroid Kraid's Lair (Remix)

synesthesics

Great choice of music! ;) This is really interesting. I like the textures you have going on. My only suggestion would be to phase the hi-hat sounding instrument in and out throughout the whole song. The element I'm talking about comes in at 1:28 and from that point on, some version of them is always present. Having the same part unchanged for a long time can cause listener fatigue. Maybe swap them out with something else partway through the song and then bring them back later? Overall, I really like what you did here. I think this same approach would work really well for the Metroid Fusion soundtrack. 

Excellent intro. I can hear the Kraid reference in there. The sound choices are largely excellent as well, though I'm a little disappointed at the simplicity of the 2:12 melody synth. I agree about the listener fatigue issues LoA brought up. You might want to have the break sooner in the track, drop out more of the rhythm elements and make use of the break for drama. I know I've played around with breaks in my mixes, especially my older ones (Braincooler might be the best example with its almost 1 minute long single bass note). See what might inspire you.