*NO* Ninja Gaiden 2 '(no title given)'

djpretzel

post this mix?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. post this mix?

Oh, variable bitrate.

Erm, the instrument levels are a bit strange here, and what is even more noticable throughout the song are the off-key notes. It's cool how the 'game synth' fades into the song and takes over at about 0.50, but it does sound off-key to me.

I find this difficult. Ok, let me weigh it up properly:

Pros: Good quality, imaginative, innovative, good arpeggios (sp?)

Cons: Off-key at times, instument levels unbalanced, fade out not nice.

I can't decide really. I'll come back to this one in a few day's time. If a decision has not already been reached by then, I'll consider other judges' thoughts.

The drums are a bit too quiet I think, I can barely hear them, and that part where the "lead" was quiet was kinda strange also.

Also when the initial lead has the double instrument going, there are bits where it sounds weird, I think both channels are hitting the same note at the same time or something, not sure.

Did not like the sample that came in around 0:50 at all, at times it seemed to hit the wrong notes.

And the fading from background to foreground is a neat effect, but I think if there were some better samples it would sound better.

The sample that came in at 0:50 killed it for me though. :(

There is a great disturbance in the Force...

No. Here's why:

It's way too repetitive. Almost 2½ minutes of hearing the same 15 notes over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again grows weary. That's my main complaint. Add an improv section or subtract the arpeggios for a few bars. I thought the switch over to NES was a cute gimmick. No qualms there. And yes, the song is off key. Having the original and then the covered version side-by-side helps to identify that quickly.

My advice? Grab nsf2midi and get those notes right. Your choice of instruments is fine, but please do something with those arpeggio only sections. There's nothing wrong with arpeggio, but even "The Prelude" breaks into something else eventually.