OCR01689 - *YES* Final Fantasy 7 'Sephiroth's Wake'

Liontamer

Even with the release of the project sitting right around the corner, I wanted to go ahead and submit my second (and last) mix that derives itself from the source "Trail of Blood."

My idea and concept for this piece was simple: how would Harry Gregson-Williams do this piece if he was remixing it in the MGS style? In particular, I wanted to capture the "infiltration" genre that he would create. This certainly wasn't easy. Mr. Williams has learned his trade well and has crafted a style of music that is not easy to replicate. The track also proved difficult by remixing a source tune that has no defined tempo. Despite Nobuo's best efforts to thwart someone from remixing this track and Mr. Williams tricky genre, I feel I was able to accomplish something that I'm proud of :).

The picture I had in mind was the gang getting out of their cells and as they make they're way through the Shinra building, they bare witness to the havoc that Jenova and Sephiroth have brought upon the people in their way.

Special thanks to Reuben Kee who gave me some wonderful feedback and help with samples to perfect the sound.

I would like to request a link retention in the case of a NO decision.

--------------------------------------------------------------

http://tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FF7_psf.rar - 213 "Trail of Blood"

Definitely really cool hearing this one given more form and substance, still clearly retaining the character of the original but adding so much more stylistically. This was pretty tight.

Loved the subtle dynamic shifts in here, and the instrumentation definitely played up the infiltration genre to the hilt. And no significant treble issues? What?!?

And that's all that needs to be said. Solid.

YES

Man, I'm sick to death of this Tweek fellow. He obviously has no clue how to use Reason. The growling synth that kicked this one off did not rock my socks. Also, I wasn't a big fan of the string arrangement, and the horn right after. And I hate electrosynth crap.

Nice try, Brian, but you're going to have to do better than this.

YES

(No, but seriously, you know how I feel about this track already. The only thing you tend to do is slightly oversaturate with da reverb... tone it down just a fraction and I'd have no gripes at all)

• 1 month later...

Haha, we're all glibbing this. It's good enough that not a lot needs to be said. If Harry Gregson-Williams were rescoring FF7 this really would be what it would sound like. Tense, great production values, intelligent and creative mixing of electronic and orchestral elements. A wonderful & full expansion of a very simple source. Good job!

YES