OCRC-0001 - For Everlasting Peace: 25 Years of Mega Man!

DarkeSword

Congrats on your first commercial release! Sweet milestone. It's too bad that this release only on the US iTunes and Amazon though. Hopefully CDbaby is universal.

I just gave a first-round listen to the previews at SoundCloud. Obviously since the album is paid, I'll have to pick and choose my favorites since some stuff are my cup of tea and some are not. Surprisingly, I find the spin-off side of the album (involving ZX, Legends, Battle Network, and Starforce) a lot stronger than the mainline MM, X and Zero series. Perhaps it's because I'm not familiar with the spin-off side as much as the mainline games so I tend to be more critical of the main ones.

Nothing really caught my ear from the mainline ones except Sixto and Jeff's take on Spark Mandrill. That is my favorite track of the album. Absolutely awesome stuff there. Really, really good.

Phonetic's interpretation of Boomer Kewanger rubs me off the wrong way. I love the original track so much, and I see what he was trying to do with that jungle mix, but it's still sounds very 'empty' to me in comparison to the fast-paced techno-y nature of the original. There's nothing much going on in the remix aside from the drums. I like how authentic it may seem to sounding jungle-like, but it's a disappointing direction that ultimately doesn't do the original one justice.

Again, I find myself surprised as I'm drawn to tracks from ZX, Legends, Battle Network and Star Force...because to be perfectly honest aside from ZX, I really don't find that the latter three series having great music (I'm sure someone will defend those and point out examples of otherwise). Theory of N, Rexy, Nutritious, Level 99, halc, and Morse/Cannon's tracks are very interesting and catchy.

By no means I'm saying that the rest of the tracks suck, but they haven't drawn me as much during my first listen.

I personally felt like a good portion of the tracks had come off as a bit blasé (:|), but there were still some really good ones in there. I ended up reposting those on my soundcloud. I especially liked the Sixto-Jeff collab and halc's track.

Jeff wasn't on Sixto's track. That was an error on my part (Jeff worked on another track with Sixto for a different project I'm running, I mixed things up). That track was 100% Sixto.

Jeff wasn't on Sixto's track. That was an error on my part (Jeff worked on another track with Sixto for a different project I'm running, I mixed things up). That track was 100% Sixto.

Ah, okay. I may have also assumed since there was violin, it was Jeff. Oh well, I do remember Sixto had access to a violin back when he did that Tales album track.

When I downloaded the album off iTunes on Tuesday night, I realized the final track just credited Joshua Morse, but according to the Soundcloud is looks like it features Danimal Cannon as well. Just FYI, that track might not be tagged correctly in the iTunes store.

Jake shows up as DJ/JD and not DjjD too, by the way.

Edited by SuperiorX

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

CD Baby is closed, Amazon is charging $12 instead of the $10 listed on the website, and I'm not interested in itunes. Is Amazon really my only option or is there somewhere else I can buy this album? I would love to get the physical copy too, but CD Baby is no more.

• 2 years later...

2 years later.. the only option here is really Amazon DRM bs? Please provide another option - preferably bandcamp or similar. I'll pay $20 - it's not the cost that's an issue, it's the source and the fact that I cannot download a flac/mp3 copy for offline.

13 hours ago, Routhinator said:

2 years later.. the only option here is really Amazon DRM bs? Please provide another option - preferably bandcamp or similar. I'll pay $20 - it's not the cost that's an issue, it's the source and the fact that I cannot download a flac/mp3 copy for offline.

Wait, you can't download mp3s from Amazon? Well,  then that means there are no options then. I hate when music artists,  especially indies,  make it nigh impossible to access they're music. 

You can always download DRM-free MP3s from Amazon.

This album is also not an indie-album, there were very specific terms we had to abide by because this album was done in collaboration with Capcom. Bandcamp doesn’t support region restrictions, which was one of their requirements, so we could not put it on Bandcamp, despite it being one of the first things we investigated.