Equivalents?

Also, if you do any live recording, the multi-take comping is just the best thing ever invented. Normal DAWs can technically do the same thing, but it would take you 20 minutes instead of one mouse click and drag.
Checked out a video of that fast mutlti-take comping, and indeed it's pretty slick. I have no idea why SONAR doesn't offer the same thing. Although with SONAR's track layers, the same can quickly be done at the cost of a few more mouse clicks. 20mins is a bit of an exaggeration, yes? :wink:

That's a fucking brilliant deduction! Who's else's opinion would it be?

The OP uses Logic Express on an iMac... maybe he would want to hear the opinion of someone like me who's used Logic Express on an iMac? Maybe he would want to hear the opinion of someone like me who's given a lot of reliable advice to remixers over the years?

What weight does your opinion carry?

If my Apple "paperweight" has the same cost/value ratio as a regular PC and my "paperweight" cost more, then by your logic it has more value. Do you even understand what you just said? Because I seem to agree with you!

Yet you felt embolded enough to participate in this discussion even when it was obvious you hadn't a clue what the OP's decision anchors on. With such thoughtful behaviors like that, it's clear you're going to earn a lot of respect around here!

Your right, I have absolutely no idea what I was saying. I stayed up real late last night, and I had to wake up real early for an appointment. I didn't proofread my writing, and I obviously misrepresented what I was trying to get across.

What I meant to say was that although Macs may maintain their value longer than PCs, PC's are the better deal because they have almost all the functionality of a Mac (except for maybe screen resolution) and they are less as costly.

all the functionality? So Logic Studio runs on Windows again? Nothing wrong with saving money, but you haven't gained anything if you can't run the software you want. I like your staying-up-late excuse, but you still have no clue what this discussion is about. Hint: It's more about software than it is about hardware.

You see, we can only have an intelligent discussion if you present yourself intelligently. And you've already squandered that opportunity. Try harder in the future or we'll have to adopt this protocol:

1.) You babble.

2.) People who know better ignore you or make fun of you.

cheers.

all the functionality? So Logic Studio runs on Windows again? Nothing wrong with saving money, but you haven't gained anything if you can't run the software you want. I like your staying-up-late excuse, but you still have no clue what this discussion is about. Hint: It's more about software than it is about hardware.

You see, we can only have an intelligent discussion if you present yourself intelligently. And you've already squandered that opportunity. Try harder in the future or we'll have to adopt this protocol:

1.) You babble.

2.) People who know better ignore you or make fun of you.

cheers.

Haha, wow. Strong words there big buddy. You seem to forget that Mac Os X does indeed work on PCs.

Haha, wow. Strong words there big buddy. You seem to forget that Mac Os X does indeed work on PCs.

Define "work". I visited one of those OSx86 forums recently just out of curiosity and most of the posts were of the nature "Why doesn't xxxx work?" or something along those lines. I highly doubt that the people there are doing any heavy work such as music production or video editing. Do you know if it'll run Logic properly? What about all of the various 3rd party plug ins? There are far to many question marks. Plus if something does go wrong you know what your tech support is? Post a question on a forum and hope someone answers it... No thanks.

Checked out a video of that fast mutlti-take comping, and indeed it's pretty slick. I have no idea why SONAR doesn't offer the same thing. Although with SONAR's track layers, the same can quickly be done at the cost of a few more mouse clicks. 20mins is a bit of an exaggeration, yes? :wink:

lol yeah it is a bit of an exaggeration, but the one click for logic isn't. I'm not familiar with sonars newer builds, but I hadn't heard about anything similar.

How many times have I nailed that solo just to get something really dumb like a power chords at the end wrong? Now it doesn't matter :P.

Define "work". I visited one of those OSx86 forums recently just out of curiosity and most of the posts were of the nature "Why doesn't xxxx work?" or something along those lines. I highly doubt that the people there are doing any heavy work such as music production or video editing. Do you know if it'll run Logic properly? What about all of the various 3rd party plug ins? There are far to many question marks. Plus if something does go wrong you know what your tech support is? Post a question on a forum and hope someone answers it... No thanks.

Agreed. I love both, but hacking and music don't mix. You want to be able to execute your musical ideas quickly so you don't lose your creative flow. Not the time to be horsing around with bleeding edge software unless it actually offers something you can't do anywhere else (ex. a hot new experimental VST). Couple that with the fact that audio interfaces can be fiddly in terms of compatibility even on supported OS+hardware combinations, and you've got yourself an exceptionally bad idea.

• 1 month later...