Tyrian / Sarah's Song - Question

Rayza

It's been a little while since I've played as well, but I think it plays during the final boss of the first episode where they're flying through the mine pits of Tyrian and Microsol is trying to mine kind of anti-gravity ore.

Lessee, onscreen there are shit-tons of fireballs and missiles and lasers and minion ships flying at you from every which-a-way while the mothership of the mining operation is bearing down on you.

Judging by that clip, Rayza, I'd say that this is gonna be a shoo-in.

By the way, I replayed Tyrian recently, and this is the music that's used in the last level of Episode 1 *up to* the encounter with the final boss of Episode 1. Once you hit the boss, it changes to a tune called "One Mustn't Fall".

(Which, incidentally, is one of two OMF references in the game. The other is in one of the datacubes - a message from one of your old friends who, unfortunately, is unable to assist you "since your battle is with spaceships and not HARs".)

Well, my first post here \o/

But tyrian totally rox, I`ve been playing it as a kid, and I think ive played it SO many times, it doesnt hold any secrets anymore :) But its still fun to play

Anyway Sarah`s song ...There`s nothing special behind it, I think its just the creator`s choice :)

There`s a nice collection of remixes out there for tyrian, But I still would like to request

Rock garden :) First level of Episode 4

• 1 month later...

Actually, the songs on Tyrian's sound test after the ZANACS track, were written by Andras Molnar. Alexander Brandon confirmed this himself, I believe.

Being an early player of Tyrian (v1.0 days, before this level got added to episode 1, and episode 4 didn't exist yet) If there was any story, it all came in the form of data cubes or intermissions between certain levels.

In this case, Planet Tyrian was under attack again, this time with an even more intense fleet of ships. I think Vykromod or General Nob was behind the attack, not sure. Either way, it was basically clashing with the enemies from the first level again, only this time in a much intense situation and pretty much, all you see is cannons and explosions going off, in addition to the need of a spotlight. Then that first boss ship you thought you destroyed, has returned with even deadlier weapons. (cannons and lasers that can kill you within a second.)

Nothing much, really. Hope to hear of this remix!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...