OCR TF2 Team: Gametime 9 PM EST on OCR server MWF + some weekends

zircon

Might as well learn at least one map inside and out I guess. Can anyone recommend a good class for a complete beginner?

Soldier. If you've played pretty much any first person shooter, the soldier is the easiest to get used to.

Heavies are also a good beginner class, and you're pretty much guaranteed to have a medic healing you most of the time. Pyro's also good provided you learn to take cover often, as it's far more useful as an ambushing class than a front-line combat class.

Since not many people were around, tomorrow will be medic achievement whoring - for those who want to get rid of those pesky achievements, tomorrow is for you! I have the achievementbox_b3, cp_warpath, and ctf_mach4 maps on the server now, and I'll add any that someone suggests if I can find it.

Also, the password to the game will be "djpretzel" tomorrow - don't want to deal with retarded random people in this achievement whoring as you see in the pub achievement box games.

I have all my achievements, but I'll drop by if I can and help you guys out.

Also: the best beginner class is either soldier, heavy, or scout. Soldiers and, depending on which FPS, scouts are very standard stuff, with the heavies being not much different.

Since not many people were around, tomorrow will be medic achievement whoring - for those who want to get rid of those pesky achievements, tomorrow is for you! I have the achievementbox_b3, cp_warpath, and ctf_mach4 maps on the server now, and I'll add any that someone suggests if I can find it.

Also, the password to the game will be "djpretzel" tomorrow - don't want to deal with retarded random people in this achievement whoring as you see in the pub achievement box games.

i'll be in, but it'll be a bit late. i need just about every achievement for the medics, really (gawd, i'm a terrible one).

Not a problem - I spent ~5 hours helping people do achievements, it was the least I could do. Besides, I enjoyed rushing in as a pyro on that server - I'm pretty sure they modded it so that the pyro had increased speed, possibly close to one of a scout.

I think I'll be skipping out on tf2 tonight, although if you want particular maps for tonight, post details here sometime before late afternoon.

I suppose this means that I should practice a lot more with the pyro now. When the medic achievements came out, I already had 3 of them unlocked, such as the 1,000,000 health recovered, just from playing that class all the time. Also, there were a bunch of n00b medics running around begging to fall victim to my syringe gun.

Of course, then I fell victim to the improved medic's syringe gun. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

I wonder how long it will take until the next big update? It seemed like a long time passed between Badlands' debut and the unveiling of Medic Achievements and Goldrush. I think it was February to just a couple of weeks ago.