OCR TF2 Team: Gametime 9 PM EST on OCR server MWF + some weekends

zircon

I noticed that when I type "rtv" into chat, I get the message, "voting disabled." What do people feel about the idea of being able to initiate a vote to change and pick maps? I'm a big fan of allowing the players to have some admin powers in case Bahamut is unavailable.

I would normally recommend a day of Warpath on the server, except it requires a lot of people to enjoy. I usually play that map in 30-person servers, but it's still tons of fun with 24. I'm a little worried that we'd have 4-8 players, which feels lacking. Either way, it's one I'd like to try sometime.

After more people download these maps, maybe we can try some "custom map" days.

Mario_Kart.

No, seriously, it could be a lot of fun, especially with a community that knows better than to take this game seriously.

Ha ha, why not? Mario Kart and maybe Granary as a classic to keep overall attendance up? I don't think we've had Granary in the OCR server yet, but I may be wrong.

Ha ha, why not? Mario Kart and maybe Granary as a classic to keep overall attendance up? I don't think we've had Granary in the OCR server yet, but I may be wrong.

We did on like the first day, but it was universally despised when we played. I don't have the Mario_Kart map, someone link?

aww man! I missed the achievement whoring :(

Will there ever be another one? I really want to get this retarded crap out of the way.

There'll probably be another one at some point.

^ Connect to TF2, there are at least two or three servers that play Mario_Kart exclusively. It's effectively a 4chan map, with lots of Yotsuba and No More Heroes and some incredibly easy spawncamping and spawnsniping and it caters greatly to Snipers and Scouts, but it's a lot of fun.

I feel really bad that I haven't been able to play at 9 p.m. EST for several days now. Stupid work. By the time I get there, the server is usually empty, or close to it. I'd recommend a map or two for tonight, but once again, I won't be able to get on until 10 at the earliest. Stupid work.

On a random server yesterday, I came to the conclusion that the best thing in TF2 is switching to a class that hasn't been played by anyone on your team and wreaking havoc on the enemies who are not prepared.

EXAMPLE: Switching to Spy and sapping every engy's stuff.

EXAMPLE: Switching to Sniper and getting headshots on medics and heavies, ruining their uber attempts.

EXAMPLE: Switching to Pyro, getting ubered and charging at the enemy.

EXAMPLE: Switching to Scout, running PAST/THROUGH the enemy, and capping the point.

Also, LITTLE MEN STEAL OUR CART!!