midi drum loops?

EZDrummer, for the most part, sucks.

Says you anyway, I personally love it. I am looking forward to SD2.0 which should be coming out soon. I'm actually surprised you don't like it all that much--don't you use DFHS? I mean, I realize EZD is a watered down version, but for what it is, I think it's pretty solid.

Also, you can use the FPC loops in EZD, and vice versa. although once you buy EZD, you'll probably never touch FPC again. I don't think I have. Also, Guitar Center regularly has sales and rebates on it. It's already only $150, and typically the rebates are either for $50 off, or a free expansion. So keep your eyes peeled.

I think EZdrummer is good as long as you dont expect it to do things like the 'big' drum kits ( DFHS, BFD, AD to a lesser degree). It's meant for people who don't want to bother with processing and sequencing the drums and just want to lay down a semi-convincing drum track in a short amount of time (i.e. LAZY people :D).

Personally I can't stand the minimal amount of tweaking you can do with EZdrummer, but what the heck, AD for me.

-Tensei

I think EZdrummer is good as long as you dont expect it to do things like the 'big' drum kits ( DFHS, BFD, AD to a lesser degree). It's meant for people who don't want to bother with processing and sequencing the drums and just want to lay down a semi-convincing drum track in a short amount of time (i.e. LAZY people :D).

Personally I can't stand the minimal amount of tweaking you can do with EZdrummer, but what the heck, AD for me.

-Tensei

actually I found it to be a lil bit on the expensive side...since I'm essentially on welfare considering how little i get paid ug.

Says you anyway, I personally love it. I am looking forward to SD2.0 which should be coming out soon. I'm actually surprised you don't like it all that much--don't you use DFHS? I mean, I realize EZD is a watered down version, but for what it is, I think it's pretty solid.

Also, you can use the FPC loops in EZD, and vice versa. although once you buy EZD, you'll probably never touch FPC again. I don't think I have. Also, Guitar Center regularly has sales and rebates on it. It's already only $150, and typically the rebates are either for $50 off, or a free expansion. So keep your eyes peeled.

EZD is NOTHING like DFHS. All the samples are completely (and badly) pre-processed. There's no way to escape from that EZD sound. I prefer Addictive Drums much better because the pre-processing is barely noticeable and you actually have control over them, and the drums in EZD aren't as extensively sampled as DFHS. Superior 2.0 seems cool, I'm waiting for it on pre-order. That too, is NOTHING like EZD.

Since I'm still in my noob cocoon (Pezman will evolve to OCRemixer some day), I need to get clarification.

I remember you talking about Drumkit From Hell Samples (DFHS, I assume), Snapp, and how much you liked and used it. But since I discovered it's an expansion pack to EZ Drummer perhaps you don't use it anymore. So do you use these other ones you mentioned instead? I'd like to know.

EZD is NOTHING like DFHS. All the samples are completely (and badly) pre-processed. There's no way to escape from that EZD sound. I prefer Addictive Drums much better because the pre-processing is barely noticeable and you actually have control over them, and the drums in EZD aren't as extensively sampled as DFHS. Superior 2.0 seems cool, I'm waiting for it on pre-order. That too, is NOTHING like EZD.

There's nothing wrong with EZDrummer. I can understand why Snapple doesn't like it, but it's still a very good sample library. Badly pre-processed? Hardly. I do agree that Addictive Drums is also a good choice, though, most people can always tell when someone's used AD, which may or may not be a bad thing.

Bottom line is if you want great sounding drums without the hassle of processing or extensive mixing, go for EZDrummer. If you want a bigger array of sounds and more control over them, forget Addictive Drums and get Superior 2. I placed my order on Wednesday and can't wait for them to get here.

Since I'm still in my noob cocoon (Pezman will evolve to OCRemixer some day), I need to get clarification.

I remember you talking about Drumkit From Hell Samples (DFHS, I assume), Snapp, and how much you liked and used it. But since I discovered it's an expansion pack to EZ Drummer perhaps you don't use it anymore. So do you use these other ones you mentioned instead? I'd like to know.

There is an expansion for EZD called Drumkit from Hell, but before EZD was out, there was Drumkit From Hell Superior, which is what Snapple and I use. It's a huge library of raw drums. Huge. And it also cames with 2 expansions which were Custom & Vintage, and Vintage Add-On. I have all three of these libraries and I love them. They sounds fantastic. But I may just get rid of them as soon as my Superior 2 gets here.

Sixto, by badly I mean that it's already processed to the point of sounding ready and done, it doesn't leave you with much room to work. As for getting rid of your DFHS, I think you should reconsider. Superior 2.0 is completely backwards compatible and the sampler alone should make the old Superior samples seem new again.

Pezman, yeah, what Sixto said. Drumkit From Hell Superior is about 100gb total in size, the EZX Drumkit From Hell expansion is an EZD version of the very first Drumkit From Hell which came out many years ago.

Sixto, by badly I mean that it's already processed to the point of sounding ready and done, it doesn't leave you with much room to work.

Yeah, I can agree with that. I guess it cuts both ways. I could say that you can buy the expansion packs for a wider range of sounds, but that would get pretty expensive.

As for getting rid of your DFHS, I think you should reconsider. Superior 2.0 is completely backwards compatible and the sampler alone should make the old Superior samples seem new again.

We'll see. Based on some of the samples on their site, Superior 2 just seems like it'll be able to replace everything I have that deals with acoustic drums. Not to mention the expansion pack that is to follow.

I do agree that Addictive Drums is also a good choice, though, most people can always tell when someone's used AD, which may or may not be a bad thing.

Depends how you use it I spose. The processing options are huge, its just most people (like me) love the sonor snare. Scaredsim has tricked me numerous times into thinking he hasn't used AD.