OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Demo may be my most played class, but Heavy is quickly working it's way up there. I wouldn't be surprised if it surpasses it soon. I've already played at least 3 hours as a heavy this week. Considering I usually only play for maybe 5 hours a week if I'm really lucky, that's kind of a lot. I'm also getting used to playing Heavy without Medic support. It always seems that no matter where I play, a medic will heal me a bit and then dissapear when I need them most. One of the many reasons we need Brushfire back. I'm tired of medics abandoning me because I charge headlong into battle and they don't want to risk death.

Demo may be my most played class, but Heavy is quickly working it's way up there. I wouldn't be surprised if it surpasses it soon. I've already played at least 3 hours as a heavy this week. Considering I usually only play for maybe 5 hours a week if I'm really lucky, that's kind of a lot. I'm also getting used to playing Heavy without Medic support. It always seems that no matter where I play, a medic will heal me a bit and then dissapear when I need them most. One of the many reasons we need Brushfire back. I'm tired of medics abandoning me because I charge headlong into battle and they don't want to risk death.

Did I flee? I should most certainly hope not. Heavy is a blast to play, especially when pushing a cart.

Getting back to the badlands issue, last night's playtime graph shows a noticeable drop in players either during the latter half of pl_dustbowl_b4 or when cp_badlands came up.

I've removed it (at least for the moment) and put in second GoldRush. People seem to like Goldrush, or so I assume from Valve's map stats... it's right behind Dustbowl in times played, but Dustbowl is the default map for a good number of hosts that don't let you change the starting map...

Also, I'm going to fix the admin permissions sometime this weekend.

The current mapcycle is:

cp_dustbowl

pl_badwater

cp_granary

pl_goldrush

ctf_2fort

pl_cave_b6

cp_gravelpit

pl_badwater

cp_well

pl_dustbowl_b4

cp_steel

pl_goldrush

ctf_turbine

It is foreshadowing my return to lead the huddled masses of unhealed men and women to their glorious Uber in the sky.

Medications Chapter 5, verses 10-12 states:

"I saw he who resembled like a fire upon a brush, return to the land of Tentacled intercourse, and bring with him a medi-gun that never runneth out of Uber. 11 And then he brought a fierce sting to all those who would opposed the Clan of the Over Clocks from a needle gun that never runneth out of ammo or needed to be reloaded. 12 And then with the help of the Lord of Powers and the Great Dragon of Lore, cast aside the doubt that Cyberpunk is the greatest map ever made."

Amen.

Medications Chapter 5, verses 10-12 states:

"I saw he who resembled like a fire upon a brush, return to the land of Tentacled intercourse, and bring with him a medi-gun that never runneth out of Uber. 11 And then he brought a fierce sting to all those who would opposed the Clan of the Over Clocks from a needle gun that never runneth out of ammo or needed to be reloaded. 12 And then with the help of the Lord of Powers and the Great Dragon of Lore, cast aside the doubt that Cyberpunk is the greatest map ever made."

Amen.

Fuckin' win. Cannot stop laughing.

Well I'm tired of being sniped at 99% ubercharge, so you're on your own bub!

Neither do I to be honest, which is why I'll rarely just charge into a snipers line of fire without cover, or meat shields. I'd rather find a way around if they're there, but if not, I'll charge into anything. I once charged alone into a point being captured on Gravel Pit, and got lucky in that every shot fired from my minigun was a crit for a few seconds. Wiped out five or six people in a few seconds. Had I not gotten crits though, I still would have gone down fighting (likely as fast as they did). It was oh so satisfying.

Did I flee? I should most certainly hope not. Heavy is a blast to play, especially when pushing a cart.

Honestly, most of the regulars on our server who play medic do a good job of not leaving me hanging in my moment of need. It's people people on other servers mainly. You'd swear 95% of the medic population is retarded.

Unfortunately though Gman, I don't think the random button has even assigned us to the same team in recent memory. At least not any time I played Heavy. Though I know from watching you follow my victims into death occasionally that I'd be able to count on you when we do play on the same team. :D

Unfortunately though Gman, I don't think the random button has even assigned us to the same team in recent memory. At least not any time I played Heavy. Though I know from watching you follow my victims into death occasionally that I'd be able to count on you when we do play on the same team. :D

That fills my heart with happiness.

Reset. was really good. Watching him play Scout, he danced around so skillfully. He jumped over a Heavy and onto his head and shot him to death.

OK, I changed the permissions over to a group-based format. All admins (except Bahamut) should have the same permissions, including gravity vote.

I don't recall seeing a list of Admins anywhere, so here's one for handy reference:

Bahamut

Beatdrop

Brushfire2004

Darkesword

Dhsu

Hemophiliac

Optik

Posibolt

Powerlord

Presh

Pyrion

zircon

zyko

I could list reserve slot holders as well, but I don't know if they want to be listed.

Does this mean that I can screw with gravity whenever we go to Cyberpunk? Because that would be AWESOME.

Alas, right now, only Admins can start a gravity vote. I'm assuming Bahamut did this on purpose, because without the overrides present in the admin_overrides file, all reserved slot holders and admins would have already had the ability to start a gravity vote.

On a side note, the default gravity vote starts with a list of choices from 200 (jumps really high) to 3200 (jump? What's that?!) with the normal gravity being 800.

All this talk reminds me, I have to get around to paying my dues for the next few months sometime soon... It would be sweet if we could do a gravity vote though, and while I can see it being annoying if it was abused, I imagine it would be hard to abuse if it has to be done through a vote. Really isn't a big deal for me though, see you on the server tonight!