OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Yes, cause everyone on the server obviously knows what a good map is. Lets just all play dustbowl/steel.

i havent seen it rtv off a stock in whenever ive played there recently just awful customs so yeah pretty much everyone does know

anyways

2h5s28g.jpg

rofl clefairy youre lucky its not a year ago when i wouldnt hold anything back in my posts because id have torn you to shreds by now

Do not feed the Atmuh. You're only asking for his latent powers to awaken.

You know, that's a good idea. Think I'll nip this in the bud right now.

--

Coming back on-topic, there was a guy in the server just now who requested that we(OCR the site) fix our RSS feed, as it is, in his words, 'terrible'.

I told him I would pass that along, and now I have.

yeah but go to atmuhs server for like 5 minutes then go to ours.

we are a bit more laid back.

atmuh is pro :pretzel:

Huh, when I was there I saw a lot of ragequitting and whining about essentially everything :? .

Slut, my advice is just mention you're a noob, and people will give you tips on the OCR server - we're more communal if anything.

Huh, when I was there I saw a lot of ragequitting and whining about essentially everything :?

dont ever go to any fa server in the afternoon

the nighttime crowd at my server is much better (both in likability and skill) and yes it is much easier to do well on the ocr server than mine, unless i become terrible at the game when i join my server for some reason because my k:d is always lower, sometimes a lot lower

heavy, especially, is much harder to play

That would explain all the balloons about 22 hours ago, even when party mode was off.

Yeah, it was forced. I didn't actually catch the first one, so I wasn't sure how any of that would go down.

--

Anyone chomping at the bit to take over planning inter-OCR scrims? :-P I'm getting my feet wet playing with another comp team; depending on how much time that takes up I might not be able to work it in.

the rtv plugin is absolutely effing retarded in it's current form. is there any way to force it to only change the map if the vote is >50%? I'm sick of being sent to maps because it was a 30% majority. Especially when we did a nextmap vote early on in the map.

+1

I doubt it's possible, but raising the percentage needed would work smoothly if people could see the result of a failed vote. Everyone could see how the votes were made and revote to make a majority something they'd settle on.

Example:

Vote fails with

cyberpunk 25%

viaduct 25%

goldrush 15%

badwater 15%

turbine 10%

granary 10%

People see the results and revote

cyberpunk 30%

viaduct 60%

goldrush 10%

badwater 0%

turbine 0%

granary 0%

Instead of going to cyberpunk, that perhaps 70% of people REALLY DON'T WANT, people consolidate.

This is an example, any similarities to real people or scenarios are purely coincidence, and don't reflect the views of... myself...

or something.

+1

I doubt it's possible, but raising the percentage needed would work smoothly if people could see the result of a failed vote. Everyone could see how the votes were made and revote to make a majority something they'd settle on.

Example:

Vote fails with

cyberpunk 25%

viaduct 25%

goldrush 15%

badwater 15%

turbine 10%

granary 10%

People see the results and revote

cyberpunk 30%

viaduct 60%

goldrush 10%

badwater 0%

turbine 0%

granary 0%

Instead of going to cyberpunk, where perhaps 70% of people REALLY DON'T WANT, people consolidate.

This is an example, any similarities to real people or scenarios are purely coincidence, and don't reflect the views of... myself...

or something.

hahaha you guys still have cyberpunk on the nominate list are you serious

But both steel and dustbowl are great maps. :/

They're overplayed. This does not make them bad.

Not inherently, no. But it does make some people not want to play them. Which is ultimately the same effect.

Based on that, it's pretty easy to conflate the two ideas. That's a logical disconnect, but there it is.

I don't mind them in moderation. It's just annoying to start up TF2, join the server, play a random map for 2 minutes, rtv'd off it straight to steel or dustbowl just about every time. Or in a more extreme case, if you might want to play turbine/2fort/*insert map that 40% of the server things is "unplayable"*. I know its impossible to please everyone, but should you make the server rotation be 3 maps to please the pubbies or people who just wanna play steel/dustbowl/badwater?

It's just annoying to start up TF2, join the server, play a random map for 2 minutes, rtv'd off it straight to steel or dustbowl just about every time.

this has never happened to me and in the past few days ive been there when you joined the server and it didnt happen then either

yes thats exactly what im doing what are you 12

you defeated his point. his only argument left is to try and kill your credibility before anyone notices he's wrong.

also what the fuck this isn't hipster tf2. quit complaining about the popular maps. they're popular because they are good. go start that other ocr server where you can listen to your weird experimental shit and talk about how much better these maps are because they are making a point about how the developers have sold out and are now to focused on fun and not on actually gameplay so have fun with pl_demostandingstillstaringatawall or cp_thisreallydoesn'thaveanythingtodowithtf2andthemapsucksandi'mjustplayingthisironicallytoproveapointthatitreallyisn'talwaysaboutthegameman while i'm having fun.