OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

Is that a joke?

EDIT: I think he's referring to people without tags, who no one ever pays attention to because they aren't like "omg they have a tag, they're cheating."

Also, scythe-messiah has been Minty-Fresh for almost 3 months. How people didn't know this sooner is beyond me. I've never found it to be a problem. And no one cared because he didn't have a tag.

Really?

He must switch around because I've seen him as Scythe not that long ago

Really?

He must switch around because I've seen him as Scythe not that long ago

Yeah he switches on occasion. Presumably he's Minty-Fresh when he's pubbing, and Scythe upon returning from a match. I should have clarified that he first named himself Minty around 3 months back. My bad.

ADVICE: Use the FaN. People will hate you for it, but they can deal.

Also, try to avoid detection as much as possible. Ideally, you want to be in just-about-melee range before engaging your target, unless you know they're hurt and can be finished off from further away.

I was messing with the FaN today to force myself to learn shot conservation (when you only have two shots you learn to make them count). When I switched back to scatter it seemed like it had worked and helped me a bit.

I need to get a semi-decent mouse (my current one sucks) to really start using Scout well IMO. Probably will order one fairly shortly. After that I'll have no excuse for playing badly.

Eventually I'd like to get into pugs and, if I manage to get good enough, scrims. I'd play Scout with the option of going Pyro if the situation called for it(and it apparently does, sometimes). But for now I suck.

the best part about playing scout is when you go up behind a scout who isn't moving and unload both shots of the fan into him and then he turns around and kills you with one scattergun shot

the game then zooms in and lets you know that your two shots only reduced him to about half health

the best part about playing scout is when you go up behind a scout who isn't moving and unload both shots of the fan into him and then he turns around and kills you with one scattergun shot

the game then zooms in and lets you know that your two shots only reduced him to about half health

Random damage and random shell spread for ftw!

To the server admins: I don't care if duckyboy likes my micspam or not. He's the only person who's ever complained about it, so fuck him. I hardly ever play anything anyway so you're going to just have to kick me if he complains about it, because I'm not going to stop just because he wants to troll.

-{SHB}Spike Spiegel

To the server admins: I don't care if duckyboy likes my micspam or not. He's the only person who's ever complained about it, so fuck him. I hardly ever play anything anyway so you're going to just have to kick me if he complains about it, because I'm not going to stop just because he wants to troll.

-{SHB}Spike Spiegel

i havent heard it myself but im gonna go take a wild guess and assume that your micspams are the ones EVERYONE in tf2 has and have been played to death but i could be wrong

i havent heard it myself but im gonna go take a wild guess and assume that your micspams are the ones EVERYONE in tf2 has and have been played to death but i could be wrong

I play Beavis & Butt-Head stuff sometimes, but I was playing Gene's Rock-a-bye during setup when he decided to chime in.

The nQa guys have been team stacking again. It's harder to detect these days, but I happened to glance at Minty-Fresh's HLStatsX page just recently and saw his old -|nQa|- name in there.

When teams are scrambled, they switch to Spectator until they can rejoin their nQa teammates rather than staying on the new team, which immediately results in teams of uneven sizes.

I've seen this as well. I've warned them about it previously, but they don't seem to be getting the picture.

EDIT: Also, for those requesting custom achievements, it seems that mod is broken right now, and the original author has abandoned it. It looks like others are trying to revive it though.

EDIT2: Actually looks like the new version is a big overhaul, and should be done "soon". Preview: http://labs.topaz-games.com/kj/achievements/statistics.php

Now, on to another subject: The nQa guys have been team stacking again. It's harder to detect these days, but I happened to glance at Minty-Fresh's HLStatsX page just recently and saw his old -|nQa|- name in there.

(The other problem people were Axem Green and Bababooie, who also used to have -|nQa|- names.)

They were later joined by AH YADADADADTATATDATADATADDDAAA and spaghetti cat (also an -|nQa|-)

It wouldn't be a problem if they sucked, but unfortunately, that's not true. Which resulted in the server being down to something like 5 people a moment ago.

When teams are scrambled, they switch to Spectator until they can rejoin their nQa teammates rather than staying on the new team, which immediately results in teams of uneven sizes.

I recommend a blanket ban on the -|nQa|- members that we run across, particularly if they are members of the nQa League Team.

I didn't realize there was such an outrage from reading the last 5 or so pages of the forums. We do enjoy playing on the server, however it's quite a burden to stay tagged on public servers when you're from a competitive team. As soon as someone gets dominated they're going to cry hacks or if there are 2 on the same team the stacks and votescrambles roll in. I will admit over the weekend we were a little over the top so we'll try to tone is down. However, I personally work 40/hrs a week and play competitive during the week so it's nice to get together and rack up some doms sometimes.

I'm a bit disappointed in your recommendation of a blanket ban, particularly as one night I was on you sat in spectate for 2 entire map changes (~40 minutes?). As admin you have the power to scramble and adjust the teams as necessary or warn when the stacks occur and neither of those occurred during the time I saw you on.

I can also tell you that I personally have not been approached once or talked to in game about stacking. I also regularly see other clans doing the same (you keep stats I don't need to call them out) - not saying it's right but if you're going to take action you need to do it equally to all.

Thanks,

-nQa|- fate AKA spaghetti cat AKA SHOCK and AWEKTOBERFEST

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fate3/

I didn't realize there was such an outrage from reading the last 5 or so pages of the forums. We do enjoy playing on the server, however it's quite a burden to stay tagged on public servers when you're from a competitive team. As soon as someone gets dominated they're going to cry hacks or if there are 2 on the same team the stacks and votescrambles roll in. I will admit over the weekend we were a little over the top so we'll try to tone is down. However, I personally work 40/hrs a week and play competitive during the week so it's nice to get together and rack up some doms sometimes.

I'm a bit disappointed in your recommendation of a blanket ban, particularly as one night I was on you sat in spectate for 2 entire map changes (~40 minutes?). As admin you have the power to scramble and adjust the teams as necessary or warn when the stacks occur and neither of those occurred during the time I saw you on.

I can also tell you that I personally have not been approached once or talked to in game about stacking. I also regularly see other clans doing the same (you keep stats I don't need to call them out) - not saying it's right but if you're going to take action you need to do it equally to all.

Thanks,

-nQa|- fate AKA spaghetti cat AKA SHOCK and AWEKTOBERFEST

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fate3/

I'm glad you found the forum and spoke your piece. Welcome to OCR.

I personally have no problems as long as the stacking stops. My current policy is warn once, then it's a ban. Everyone knows the rules; it's possible the RNG just stacked things and nobody was paying attention, but if you're part of a clan, and rolling the other team, you should be thinking about switching to even things out a bit.

I know miyako has been actively trying to keep team balance, and I'd hope other people would consider doing this as well. Scrambling teams is a crap shoot and can just as easily make things worse, so if people were conscious about self balance that'd be ideal.

I should also point out that losing doesn't mean teams are unbalanced. I'd rather lose a few rounds than sit in stalemate over the middle point in a 5cp map for 30 minutes.

I personally have no problems as long as the stacking stops. My current policy is warn once, then it's a ban. Everyone knows the rules; it's possible the RNG just stacked things and nobody was paying attention, but if you're part of a clan, and rolling the other team, you should be thinking about switching to even things out a bit.

I know miyako has been actively trying to keep team balance, and I'd hope other people would consider doing this as well. Scrambling teams is a crap shoot and can just as easily make things worse, so if people were conscious about self balance that'd be ideal.

I should also point out that losing doesn't mean teams are unbalanced. I'd rather lose a few rounds than sit in stalemate over the middle point in a 5cp map for 30 minutes.

In my experience scramble has always been terrible, I remember one time on badlands on our own server we were split equally on the teams and the scramble trigger hit. The next round it scrambled everyone in the clan to the other team except me. I thought it was completely rigged.

The one night on OCR the scramble actually went through when we had 3 guys on, 2 on blue and me on red and we all got scrambled to the same team. So I can vouch that scrambling is not a reliable method.

Thanks Rambo - it was actually pretty tough to find lol I had no idea the site was this big.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you. This stacking thing shouldn't solely apply to clans. The consensus is that if you're part of a clan, then you're good, so you not being on the same team will make things more level. But there are plenty of non-clan-regulars in our server who are good enough to make the same executive decision to switch teams for the sake of balance. The responsibility shouldn't fall SOLELY on people associated with a clan.

I've also seen people cry foul when a team wins with 2 or more clan mates on it. It doesn't NECESSARILY mean the teams are stacked. As Fireslash said, someone does typically have to win. It's only a problem when there's an apparent steamroll.

Thanks Rambo - it was actually pretty tough to find lol I had no idea the site was this big.

:<

I'm not gonna lie, and I will come out at say this: I have been an absolute d-bag on your guys' servers over the past weekend.

However, I was really the only person really being a d-bag. Everyone else from nQa was just playing the game, and not once have I, nor any other nQa member that I know of, been approached about team stacking.

And this:

Although, I did anticipate an nQa vs ZUZ srs business match.

Set it up with us. We are always down for a friendly every now and then. However, I will forewarn that there is a 100% chance the teams will be stacked in this match, with a 0% chance of them getting scrambled.