Perseids Meteor Shower

jmr

Here at my pad we built a fire and stayed out late watching. It was clear and we some some really awesome shooting stars. Some that made it a very long ways across the sky.

I believe there is supposed to be a bit more tonight but I doubt we'll be able to see them here because clouds are moving in.

I had a rather depressing...well, week actually and I been having some trouble sleeping.

So last night, I look out my window just to enjoy the quiet and no less than 5 minutes into it I see this thing flashing by.

I was reminded of this topic and so I decided to stay and watch for more.

About 10 minutes later I saw another one. It lasted not even a second but it was quite beautiful to see. I never seen anything like this before, and I was quite surprised to even see one, let alone two "shooting stars" from silly ol' Holland where nothing special ever seems to happen.

I'm sure it was even better to see the real thing where ever it was best visible. It was still nice to see what I saw :D Made me sorta happy haha.

I'm happy you guys were able to see them. Myself, I was stuck in a rather bright area of town, and the moon was pretty high in the sky. Couldn't see a damn thing! Light pollution sucks! :P

I really wish I was out of the city. If I was in my home town, I know the exact spot I would have went. Not a single streetlight in sight!

I had a rather depressing...well, week actually and I been having some trouble sleeping.

So last night, I look out my window just to enjoy the quiet and no less than 5 minutes into it I see this thing flashing by.

I was reminded of this topic and so I decided to stay and watch for more.

About 10 minutes later I saw another one. It lasted not even a second but it was quite beautiful to see. I never seen anything like this before, and I was quite surprised to even see one, let alone two "shooting stars" from silly ol' Holland where nothing special ever seems to happen.

I'm sure it was even better to see the real thing where ever it was best visible. It was still nice to see what I saw :D Made me sorta happy haha.

Did you wish on them?

• 11 months later...