Captain★Rainbow

Dhsu

I found out about this game from a thread at GamingForce, so this will mostly be a condensed version of that. Basically, Captain★Rainbow looks to be a GiFTPiA-style Nintendo character mashup game a la Kingdom Hearts. The graphics aren't the prettiest (yes, it's for Wii), but it makes up for it with pure charm. Case in point, its own tokusatsu theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-RuY5twLgY

Game of the forever indeed.

More technicolor trailers here.

Heard about this game quite early on, still not entirely sure how it plays lol. Look for the in game depiction of Birdo-disturbing. Features Little Mac from Punchout, which is always a plus, but he seems to have let himself go a bit from his boxing days :P.

I can't help but wonder if this game will make the cut to be released outside Japan. I kind of hope so, but I don't remain optimistic. Would be an especially big pain since the Wii firmware update that killed the freeloader.

LOL. This game looks hilarious. Loving how goofy and Japanese it is.

Knowing Nintendo of America, though, I feel that they're going to pass on this one. Skip's games are so freakin' cool, and the only ones that NOA published are the Chibi Robo ones (if you call the DS sequel being "published", it was exclusive to one fucking retailer).

You never know. After all, we are getting the ultra-weird Rhythm Heaven on the DS...so maybe they'll give a second glance to Captain Rainbow because of the Nintendo cameos. I'm pretty sure they're going to give Birdo a female voice when localizing it, though.