The OneUps Volume 2

Mustin

You know it's funny, I've mostly seen OneUps live. And when you listen to them on CD rather than in person, there's a certain sense of spectacle that's lost. The music is still fucking rock-solid. It's just... they have such a personality about them that a CD format seems almost... neutering.

Whether it's in the wings watching Will try to deck Anferny with boxing gloves during Punchout at Pax, or clapping along (with those who can keep ryhtm) at Vega's theme in a sleepy little cabin atop a Arkansas hilltop, OneUps are a live event.

The CD is fucking awesome. The OneUps are just fucking FUCKING awesome in person.

Oh, and Mystic Cave Zone is rofflez.

p.s. I'm drunk in the middle of a Sunday afternoon writing this!

p.p.s Girl... you FI-YINE!

You don't have to pay us - just pay our way.

Thanks for the great observation, The Wingless. I find it's quite true, too. But I'm finding that I really can get down to the meat and potatoes of what everyone is really doing/playing now and that's very enjoyable for me personally as a musician. A live show is just a bunch of cockpunching and panties being thrown about. While good times, the music kinda gets lost in the mix.

It's best to have both!

(cockpunching and flying panties)

• 4 weeks later...