Pokémon 'Battle VS Trainer'

Radiowar

This is an awesome idea. Just saying. Kinda reminds me of daft punk, too...anyway,

I think my main problem with it is the obnoxiously loud lead synth. It's preposterously loud (drink POWERTHIRST), and it drowns out the bass and drums in one fell swoop...turn that down, por favor.

Also, some delay would be nice to fill out some of the soundscape.

I can hear the funky, autotuned/vocoded vocals now...do it! Do it NAAAUUGHHH. This site needs more of this funky electro pop-esque music.

Lookin forward to an update, if/when it comes. :nicework:

No source link, no source comment. EDIT: Not really long enough to say much on source anyway, but it's there.

I'm feeling a headache hearing this, I think it's overcompressed, but can't say for sure. Kick is painful on headphones. Snare is kind'a weak. Track is very repetitive, even for the genre. It's also very simplistic, which I don't think it has to be.

Not much to comment on, really, but it could be good, given the right additions.

I think it's overcompressed

It definitely is. If you listen to pretty much anything by Justice you'll notice that it's a big part of their sound. Actually, in a way this isn't compressed enough compared to Justice since I tried to avoid gain pumping which they use a lot.

I think the harshness of the sounds is partly due to the fact that I haven't figured out a way to get the sounds I was looking for without abusing the waveshaper. If I can fix that up and figure out an actual arrangement for this then I may have something here.

Thanks for the comments everybody.

Also, here is the source:

Battle (VS Trainer).mp3

Hi, everyone. I'm new here.

Loved the Pokemon games, I remember this song from Game Boy years.

Okay, so I listened to the source to this song, (the original), and also you're own about 4 or 5 times. Before I found the source song I was thinking to myself, "this song needs a bridge or something, something in between to make it not only longer but have a break so I don't feel the repetition." A part that's less melody, and more beat or atmosphere... something.

Then I listened to the original, and okay, so there's a part right after the melody you're featuring in your song... about 16 seconds into it, that holds out a bit and adds a supense level or something. If you just arranged that a little... gave it this "Daft" feel I bet it could be really awesome. You know, pick other instruments, slightly quieter then what you have now (or like PrototypeRaptor said, stick in a vocoder/robot voice or something) -This is just my opinion.

I don't know, but keep playing around with it. I was impressed when I heard it the first time. I was doing this funny "head back-and-forth" dance. :)

It's a rocking song! Please keep going with it! I'd like to see the progress.

This is a really good idea. Bein overcompressed though doesn't make it good although it may work for some people but not really in this situation, not to discourage you or anything. That lead synth is pretty loud like the first guy said so definitely turn that down. I love the Daft Punk feel to this though, definitely keep at it I want to hear a finished product =).