A "best of OCR" CD?

LSK

I've been away from OCR for a while and haven't listened to the vast majority of remixes. This sparked the idea that it would be quite handy to have a CD-length best-of compilation for people to get started with. Is there such a thing? What songs would be on it?

Even if it's not meant to be a favorites thread, it pretty much is.

Then there's personal preferences towards styles and genres... not to mention games.

I don't think it would be possible to create just one CD. Even with ten CDs to fill up, that's still hundreds of songs that "should have" been included but weren't for whatever reasons.

Not to mention the perceived slight or insult of not being put on said collection that some remixers would feel.

It's not happening, I would say.

Two suggestions...

First, the Russian Remix Roulette (or, just torrent all 1700+ songs and hit Random All). If you haven't listened to the vast majority of remixes, changes are that you're more likely to find new stuff you enjoy by listening to everything in random order.

Second, check the Recent Albums (top-right of the main page). If I want a CD-length compilation, I tend to prefer compilations that were designed to be CD-length. Depending on how long you've been away, there're likely several albums that've been released since then. KF