the man with the machine gun - arrangement

Royd_Griffin

Hi Folks, this is my very first upload here.

I know, to this point its not very remixed at all, but I just tried to make a new advanced version of the original.

I'm in the middle of work and I'll make an own Part in it also but I wanted to start with something "more familiar".

I hope you kinda like it!

Tell me if you have suggestions or criticis.:razz:

song link:

vsgf

listen to the original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2vpqd9gKXk

Yes, find better hosting, see this thread.

Wait, is your idea of a ReMix source->original section->source? That approach is hardly gonna get this posted, and won't really help your music development skills that much either. Atm, it's too close to source.

Ride/hats, can't tell, needs mid frequencies. Snare is weak. I find it interesting that there's not much of a bass drum in this, despite the snare being written as if there'd be one. Needs a bass drum. Needs more bass, you could probably accomplish that my making the low strings louder.

Practice writing some original tracks, then write a remix. That'll make the remix more interpretive and interesting than a straight cover with some original sections. Whatever you do, good luck.

Oh, i'm very sorry guys!

I made a better link for you. Well, I HOPE its better! ^^°

No, of course this is not my idea of a remix, I worked on "pure" remixes too in the past, but I made this for fun and kinda liked it, because I personally like arrangements with enhanced quality and better instruments too.

And I was lurking arround on this site for a long time and finally decided to show something of my work.^^ And this is my newest one, thats why I chose it.

Thanks for your opinion anyway! I also thought that it needs more bass. There is a Timpani at least, but its quite silent with all the other instruments arround now.

I'm going to work on it!

Once I finished this one I'm going to make some new and more remixed Songs! :)

It isn't called Overclocked REMIX for no reason! :-P

• 1 year later...

I loved this source. It just has the "i gotta fight to save the world" feel to it.

That being said, i think there's some justice being done with this remix. It DEFINITELY needs to be finished! I think maybe the drums are a little on the weak side, but that orchestration makes up for it. Its very crisp and full sounding.

Hopefully you'll have an update soon? HMMMMM??? :D