Mother 3 Soundtrack

DocsFox

Maybe because Earthbound was the only one released outside of Japan?

Most of the people here are from North America, with some Europeans scattered about. Therefore, most of the games that get remixed are going to be ones that we would have had been able to play at some point.

Even with cheaper, easier importing, the vast majority of us will never be exposed to Japan-only titles.

So, if you want a game track(s) remixed, you'll have better luck if it's something that your average person has actually heard of and played.

You'll probably get better results by suggesting the saying is awesome and giving a youtube link to one or two of the tracks, some good examples that you want remixed. There's little point in suggesting a whole album project when we're struggling just to get our current projects done. Lots of projects run dry because interest wanes or there wasn't enough interest to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta agree with Docs on what this soundtrack deserves, but I'm not expecting any projects so soon. With the release of the english translation patch, I'm actually surprised I haven't seen any yet.

There really are a lot I think could be remixed well. Here are a few I'd like to suggest!:

Tracks 97/98: Open Sesame Oil!/Tofu!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH07e_AL2fI

Track 109: Monkey's Delivery Service

Track 115: Drago!?

Track 196: Volcano! Inferno!

Are you kidding? Earthbound has been massively played? Sure, it has a lot more popularity on the internet, but all in all it's still pretty underplayed if you ask me.

Plus, I've noticed Japanese only games getting a lot of remixes on here. Secret of Mana 2 or whatever it's called has a bunch, so I ask again, why no attention to the other Earthbounds?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been pondering lately just why nobody has tackled this soundtrack yet. When the fan translation was released, the first reaction from a lot of the gaming community was just how awesome the music was. I have had "Mom's Old Home" stuck in my head for weeks...

Anyone willing to give it a shot? You'd be adored by the internet forever for having the first Mother 3 OCremix...

There are a lot of amazing games out there that deserve attention, but most will not get it. For the less popular games, it's usually better to try to find someone who's interested in the game and suggest it to them, or learn it yourself. You shouldn't have much problem finding a remixer who's interested in your game, Nintendo games from relatively famous franchises usually have huge fan bases, even if no one's remixed it yet.

...though I gotta say, Monkey's Delivery Service would make a sexy metal track if I were better with the software. Maybe down the line.

• 4 weeks later...