Project Aftershock (Quake 1 soundtrack OC ReMix?)

Lashmush

I've currently got a project running outside of OC remix where me, two of my friends and three NG users are remixing the Quake 1 soundtrack...

I just wondered how, if possible at all, this may (by some divine act of go-- i mean admins) become an OC remix album? (we've also got Quake 2 and 3 planned, aswell as some other games. if possible, i'd like these to be open for OC remix folks)

Do all the participants require accounts here at OCremix? Am I required to delete the current projectpage on NG and all that once its done for a complete album direct download alternative?

I'm a super OC remix n00b so I'm going to go read the forum stickies and rules now... (oh go-- i mean, admins, dont ban me...)

Give the songs a listen and see if its of good enough quality to be OC remix material.

Thank you for your time.

If you think the album will be good enough, there's nothing stopping you from asking liontamer (cheif judge dude) or djpretzel if it can be one. You don't need an account, the remixes just need to be majority passable as per the submissions standards, and you have to be okay with the terms and conditions of the site.

allright. I'll do that tomorrow (just pulled an all nighter... 28 hours awake so far).

i'll also talk to the participants about it and see that they're ok with it aswell.

and there will be an intro and outro track for the project specifically made for OC remix if I get permission to make it a project here.

on a side note, I will also create a pk3 file to be placed in the ID1 folder of quakers running LordHavoc's Darkplaces engine so they can play the game with it as an alternative to the original soundtrack.

hopefully it will be done by the deadline ive set. (its 62.5% atm, been running for a couple of weeks and theres a month left)

Thanks for the swift response!

I've been listening to the Quake 1 soundtrack since the day they started selling demo CDs for $10.

I hope this project can live up to my unrealistically high expectations (:

Side topic: It's weird to see Lord Havoc mentioned like that.. I've been friends with him since Dark Places was just a QuakeC game rebalancing mod back in the late 90s :P

I've been listening to the Quake 1 soundtrack since the day they started selling demo CDs for $10.

I hope this project can live up to my unrealistically high expectations (:

Side topic: It's weird to see Lord Havoc mentioned like that.. I've been friends with him since Dark Places was just a QuakeC game rebalancing mod back in the late 90s :P

hes a great guy. very helpful and friendly. I believe you'll be satisfied with the project when its finished.

I listened to a few of your tracks on your project page.

My first impression is that they're too fast and not dark enough (: I'm going to have to go back and listen to the Q1 OST again now.

I'll look forward to hearing the whole project as a single set though.

most of the songs are actually at the same bpm as the originals + 1. but they're not as dark as the originals, but if we did that, then they would be waaay too close to the originals to be considered remixes. they'd just be covers then.