Kirby 64 - Miracle Matter

PrototypeRaptor

Alright, I've been a writers block for a bit so I finally bit the bullet and forced myself to remix one of my most favorite tunes of all time - Kirby 64's neglected, semi-final boss, Miracle Matter's theme.

With this mix I'm trying to add something I don't see on OC enough - a hard-hitting, DnB/Breakbeat tune in the vein of Prodigy, Noisia, etc.

Consider that your warning. This song is loud, glitchy, and drum-heavy. And unrepentant for its sins.

UPDATED!

It has an ending! Poor kirby just couldn't win...man, I remember this boss being BRUTAL.

link: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=866156&songID=7326829

have at ye

I haven't posted on these forums for lord knows how long, but you sir, have fulfilled a dream of mine that has plagued my subconscious for nearly a decade. I must thank you.

Except for the very first part, THIS THIS AND THIS AGAIN

<3

Great job, are you going to offer this for download soon?

O_O O_O

O_O O_O

O_O O_O

okay I'm done. That was hardcore great. Seriously. (the part around 2:40 reminds me of pokemon though)

Wow, I really like this mix... a lot. I can't really give any critique becuase this is good enough that it's above my skill level in determining mixing stuff.

It does get packed at the end, but I dunno I can hear everything and that's the point.

I'd go with a sudden end with that bass drop you hear at the beginning. I think that would be hardcore.

EDIT: Okay, listening to it again, I still think its great. I just had to reconcile my awful spellings and sentence fragments. :)

Very nice, here. I think the reason this wasn't mixed for such a long time was because of the sources real lack of material (it repeats so much before developing, then moves on to a short extra phrase before going back to repeating other things). Your mix, however, has enough variety to keep me happy :)

It doesn't sound finished, obviously, but it kicks some DnB ass, right now!

Nice work, here - hope to see it on OC soon!

Edit:

The source isn't that repetitive. It had at least three different segments.

Not including the intro, I hear it as A A' A A' A'' A' B A' - Repeat... Pretty repetitive, if you ask me... of course, the A' could be a B, then it's A B A B A' B C B... still...

Dude... this is freaking awesome. I think I slight break before it gets back into the real intense stuff might have helped make it feel even more dynamic, though - like if the beat took five while the piano went or if the spindly things went for a few moments before surrendering back into the main thing.

That's small though - on the whole, this piece is AMAZING.

Hey everybody, thanks for all the comments. It's good to know that there were other MM fans back in the day...haha

In the new version I've tweaked some sounds, added another synth line, and finished an ending. (bawww sad end...you'll have to listen to see what I mean)

The song is now up for download, as I don't think I'm going to change it much.

If there are no major problems I'm going to send it off to the judges soon.

Enjoy!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=866156&songID=7326829

I love the new version to death as well. I especially love the new synth you put in at 2:55, but I feel as if it could be even better if it didn't jump around sooo much, at times its too quick to follow imo. it sounds great as is but maybe could sound even better, with a more strictly arabian scale.

• 2 weeks later...