The Dark Spire (DS)

richter

Anybody play this yet? I'm writing a review for it and I'm having a hard time. A friend of mine wanted me to review it because I am an oldschool RPGer and I dig this kind of crap. Thing is, in an effort to be nostalgic, the game is often irritating; you have to cast a spell to see where you are on the map, for example. And some spells have stupid names like Vergo Vheia that you have to look up or memorize to know what they do ...

Thought you guys might be especially interested in it though because it has amazing music and includes a music CD. Would LOVE to hear some remixes done for this game!

http://www.atlus.com/darkspire/

Yeah I hadn't heard of Success before and this game is very basic so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a small shop that developed it. It's really cool, you can switch to classic mode which features chiptune remixes of all the songs. It's fucking hard though, definitely only for hardcore RPG fans.

oh lol Success did the Izuna games too (rougelikes btw)

Motherfucker got a game named after hims...

Oh, Dark Spire. Oh. OK, that's definitely not what I... uhm, never mind.

Well, they also did Touch Detective, and that was a cute little time waster. It's got a fair bit of pedigree backing it up.

Come ooooon, you were thinking the same thing for a second when you saw the thread on the forums.