Taking requests for video tutorials

I've been using FL Studio for a while and I'd like to help out some of the people who are struggling with it, I've found I can answer most people's questions around here, and I'm planning to start doing some video tutorials of FLStudio and assorted audio stuff. I have the software and hardware ready for it. Now I just need to know what people would like to see me teach about, preferably from a technical standpoint (how to do/work things, not "how to make awesome trance"). It can be standard music stuff too, for example, "How to use a compressor".

TL;DR = What do you want a video tutorial for (or what you think other people would want).

You are my hero! I've watched alot of Youtube Tutorials for the Fruity Scratcher but didnt get any smarter. I know how to use the Plugin with samples and edit the events but i dont get the part to integrate it into the playlist T_T It seems to be the only samplebased Plugin using the Mixer instead of the Sample-bar.

Haven't looked around if something like this is out there on YouTube or anything, but I'd like to see a long-ass video or series of an entire track made, all aspects, beginning 'til end. Seems to me like the logical way to cover "everything" in order and have it make sense.

Huge undertaking? I wouldn't know, but I do know there are people (Virt?) who can produce pretty much gold in like an hour, so, if planned out, perhaps a couple of hours (it'd be like a class!) shouldn't be impossible to do it in while explaining stuff on a manageable level.

Wouldn't have to be the greatest masterpiece ever or a very long track at all, but just to see what and when things are done, how and why.

-

Particularly though, I'm interested in seeing someone actually equalize stuff. I've never found a tutorial that I really liked. Either way too complicated, way too simple, skips aspects that seem kind of important, or just typical "demo examples" that feel hard to apply to an actual real track where there's a lot of stuff that needs to be taken into consideration. Getting better and better at it by experimenting by myself but how on earth are people like Zircon working to get it that good (on a technical level, of course there's plain good hearing and judgement involved in the end)? I twist knobs and change values and stuff of things I think are relevant until things sound "better", but in all honesty I don't actually know what I'm doing and it could be so much better and more effective.

What I think could be beneficial to new people, to FL or music, is going through making a song, and breaking it down in parts. chorus, bass, lead, ect ect.

Doesn't have to be a extensive song, but a simple, and explain, "Now if you were making a bigger song, you would, do this and that blah blah.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've been trying to remix my song, and I've come to the conclusion that it's not one big thing I need help with, it's a bunch of little things: How to lay down a drum track, how to arrange a melody, etc. So what would probably be good is, the next time you start a remix, to take a videocast of the whole thing. From drawing in notes to copying in other things, and then record some narration over the process.

the next time you start a remix, to take a videocast of the whole thing. From drawing in notes to copying in other things, and then record some narration over the process.

Do you have any idea how long making a song takes?

I don't think it would be very practical (nor fun) to watch someone working on an entire piece.

Even if breaked in chapters...that would be a lot of stuff, and imply a lot of organization on the recording too.

It sounds difficult to cover every nook and crany in specific video tutorials, dunno if that's what you're going for Zephyr...

What would be useful for everyone, would be to simply categorize the requests, like 'beginner', 'advanced', etc., and then add the tags to the video.

I'm not using FL fyi, but I can appreciate the effort Zeph is making here.

I know it's kind of easier to get it when watching a video with clear visual demonstration, than when reading 10 pages of detailed technical explanations.

So I hope his tutorials help as many people as possible. Cheers!

So I've been trying to remix my song, and I've come to the conclusion that it's not one big thing I need help with, it's a bunch of little things: How to lay down a drum track, how to arrange a melody, etc. So what would probably be good is, the next time you start a remix, to take a videocast of the whole thing. From drawing in notes to copying in other things, and then record some narration over the process.

you could just

you know

take the time and the effort to learn how to do that stuff on your own

It's not like everything is simply going to be handed to you. Learn to be more independent.