Project: Prime

Zurginator

No one ever learns... Look, this is cool and I'm pulling for you; Prime 1 was easily the best Prime game and second only to SM in all of the released Metroids so far, so this is close to my heart.

...but seriously. Is the project so far along that you're able to release it via unstoppable torrent within the next 3 days? Then just keep it quiet. Fan art =/= fair use, as far as these people are concerned, for-profit or not. There is no such thing as "labor of love" to a corporation, and the ONLY reason other fan projects haven't gotten shut down is pure, unadulterated luck.

This is what you do. Ask for a mod to close this thread. Ask mods to close similar threads on every site you've shown this on. Hide until this is within 3 days of release. THEN show people. Don't give them time to shut you down. This is cool, and I would play the shit out of this, but seriously, don't let your desire to have us go "Good job!" and give you a little praise get in the way of better judgment. It may be harder to finish a project like this without a little encouragement, but at least you won't get C&D'ed.

...learn, people.

Hey, I was never once a jerk in this thread until someone accused me of being one -- after accused, why the hell not?

I simply stated that the chances of this ever getting any notice in the industry are slim to none -- because it shows your complete lack of creativity.

Why do you think so many indie-developers choose NOT to go down this route?

Oh right because it's creatively bankrupt, morally questionable, and financially impractical.

You're wasting your time.

If you were even remotely serious about this you never would have announced it publicly until it was finished and ready to launch, where there was no risk of a C&D.

Good job. You've shown your true colors.

No one ever learns... Look, this is cool and I'm pulling for you; Prime 1 was easily the best Prime game and second only to SM in all of the released Metroids so far, so this is close to my heart.

...but seriously. Is the project so far along that you're able to release it via unstoppable torrent within the next 3 days? Then just keep it quiet. Fan art =/= fair use, as far as these people are concerned, for-profit or not. There is no such thing as "labor of love" to a corporation, and the ONLY reason other fan projects haven't gotten shut down is pure, unadulterated luck.

This is what you do. Ask for a mod to close this thread. Ask mods to close similar threads on every site you've shown this on. Hide until this is within 3 days of release. THEN show people. Don't give them time to shut you down. This is cool, and I would play the shit out of this, but seriously, don't let your desire to have us go "Good job!" and give you a little praise get in the way of better judgment. It may be harder to finish a project like this without a little encouragement, but at least you won't get C&D'ed.

...learn, people.

IF I get C&D'ed that's what I will do. But until then, I don't see any reason not to do this.

IF I get C&D'ed that's what I will do. But until then, I don't see any reason not to do this.

Holy shit you're an idiot to boot.

Do you not know what a C&D is? Cease. Desist. Terminate the project and destroy all data relating to it.

You will not be able to go underground with the project once it is issued, because if you do eventually release it BAM lawsuit.

There is no hiding once you've been issued the C&D.

Wow. Your ignorance is astounding.

Which is why I say people never learn. Because they don't. Work on the project IN SECRET until ready to launch so that you NEVER have to worry about a C&D in the first place. Is it really worth the risk? Is the risk of a C&D cock-block worth a few people on the internet patting your back until this is finished? Like I said, I'm pulling for you, but honestly, I'd rather not know until it's done JUST TO AVOID the possibility of a C&D.

If you get C&D'ed, you can work on this in private, but you can NEVER release it. We want it released. Chances are, you do, too. Don't take stupid risks.

Hmmmm, to me this neko guy just sounds jealous lol.

I am the "co-leader" with this here project and i must tell you that starting today i will begin detailing and preparing the tallon overworld. It has lieterally taken me two days to rough sketch half this map. shouldnt be more than two weeks to get that half detailed AND the other half rough sketched so, yeah its rolling strong now.

To all the haters, you can laugh if we do get the C&D from nintendo/retro. and i assure you i would not be too ashamed to admit it if we did get the order. But for now if you've got nothing nice to say then f off.

when's the last time he said anything nice to anyone on this site? ever?

He's said enough nice stuff to me~

Also yeah, if you're going to do a project like this, DON'T FUCKING POST EVERYWHERE ABOUT IT. Work on it with as much discretion as possible and then just RELEASE IT. Even if Nintendo C&D's it at that point, it'll get spread around.

It's so easy to alter things just enough to be a similar, unique IP at the stage you're in.

I understand you love the source; I've been there too. What I'm asking you to do is what I didn't: Sit down with reality and realize what you're doing is illegal, and fix that now before Nintendo fixes it for you via a C&D. You don't have to stop working on your project, just alter it enough to segregate your IP from theirs.

There's no reason you can't have the same gameplay and art style with new, unique IP that doesn't infringe on Nintendo's. You're not borrowing any assets from MP anyway, so there's not a single good reason not to.

Hmmmm, to me this neko guy just sounds jealous lol.

I am the "co-leader" with this here project and i must tell you that starting today i will begin detailing and preparing the tallon overworld. It has lieterally taken me two days to rough sketch half this map. shouldnt be more than two weeks to get that half detailed AND the other half rough sketched so, yeah its rolling strong now.

To all the haters, you can laugh if we do get the C&D from nintendo/retro. and i assure you i would not be too ashamed to admit it if we did get the order. But for now if you've got nothing nice to say then f off.

Yep, this post right here, guys.

This shows what you people are really seeking. You are seeking the accolades associated with the project before having actually done anything worth any sort of congratulations.

If you were truly serious about this project you'd delete all traces of it on the internet and keep it a secret until it was DONE.

Have you idiots not been paying any attention at ALL to the scene lately?

Nobody's going to laugh. We're all going to look at it, sigh disappointedly, and say "told you you guys shouldn't have said anything about it." It's project suicide to talk about a free 3D remake of a 3D game that's being re-released for the Wii in a couple of months. And if Nintendo C&Ds you guys, you can't just work on it in secret and release it afterwards, because they already sent you a C&D and you didn't comply, so they will hit you with legal action. And that will suck for both you guys and for us, because most of us would love to see your project completed.

And you know what? It's not nice to tell people to "f off" when you have one post to your name and just joined the forum to defend your project. I wish you guys all the best, but if you're just coming here to not talk about OCR and join our community, then you can quit posting now and go back to your own private forums.