Best torrent apps?

empyr

Good evening, Honorable Ladies and Gentlemen of the remix community,

I'm sorry if this question is uncalled for, but I looked around where it should be, but nobody asked this exact question, nor gave quite the answer I was looking for.

You see, I finally got a new pc, one that can actually handle doing a couple things at once, and I've been chomping at the bit for a chance to gather all the remixes on this site. It did not escape me that for this purpose the torrent packs would be apt. However, I am not very technically adept, so I wanted to know if there is some kind of consensus in the community for what's currently the best torrent app, or, more likely, a couple of the best apps (I'm sure they vary by purpose and design).

I would greatly appreciate advice on this, as well as any and everyone who'll share their experience with torrent apps. Thank you.

• 7 months later...
uTorrent confirmed.

I like that you can set it to shut down your computer once everything is completed, thus saving electricity.

But you don't seed when that happens.

But you also got all of the stuff you want.

I guess it's a fine balance between saving money and seeding. Choose wisely.

You know. We crunched the numbers in my last semester math class, about power consumption.

We used a 500w PSU. Now, we figured if you were pushing ALL 500 Watts for a month straight on 24/7, it would cost like a little over $20 a month. like 28 something if I remember correctly. So they don't use up THAT much electricity.

uTorrent confirmed.

I like that you can set it to shut down your computer once everything is completed, thus saving electricity.

But you don't seed when that happens.

But you also got all of the stuff you want.

I guess it's a fine balance between saving money and seeding. Choose wisely.

You can set μTorrent to seed until you hit a specific ratio, at which point it will stop uploading for that particular torrent. This lets you set μTorrent to shutdown your computer when seeding is completed, not just when downloading is completed.