PRC151 - We're Going to San Fransisco (San Fransisco Rush 2049)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 151

PRCv6-21

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

It's results time.

Chickenwarlord posted an important song for the contest, but it ends with a last place wooden spoon with 8 points.

DjMokram was a little late, but not to late to not be in the contest. He gets 13 points and a second place.

And PRC151's winner is Setokaibarocket with 18 points!

Setokaibarocket, you may select the next source for PRC152. That round will be regular (two weeks period). Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM before next Friday, August 28th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/bambombimremixcompetitienl

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc

See you all next Friday.

The songs:

Setokaibarocket - Baghdad Rush 2049 or The Arabic Mix That Got Sidetracked

Chickenwarlord - Los Angeles Lag

DjMokram - Streets of Rush

After 150, 151 comes. The last round was a longer round, but because it was vacation, not much more interest was for the round. After an extension, TheoConfidor and Alex Smith submitted a work.

In the voting stage, TheoConfidor gave his opinion and Bundeslang and Joystick decided the winner. TheoConfidor got the best score and wins.

TheoConfidor didn't submit a source, but by a weird reason, I got a PM from round 147, where TheoConfidor was the source selector. That PM didn't arrive to me on time for that round. I decided to pick that source.

I was listening to various video game tunes recently and one from San Francisco Rush 2049 stuck out to me.

This is the Title Screen Music.

Have fun!

PRC151.jpg

San Francisco Rush 2049 (N64) - Title Screen Music

MIDI

ThaSauce link

I'm not familiar with the game, but the source sounds promising! The game looks interesting, maybe I'll play it later. This source is very nice and can be mixed in a lot of different styles.

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by FRIDAY August 21st at 8:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. .
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part (however, he's free to submit a Bonus Mix) but his vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

• 2 weeks later...
Ah, whoops, that's weird =S Well, in case it still doesn't work, here's another upload for backup:

Click here to listen to setokaibarocket - Baghdad Rush 2049, or The Arabic Mix That Got Sidetracked (PRC151).mp3

OK, I tried to reupload this entry (This means the files changed position), but it failed. I edited the post from Setokaibarocket (it got removed, my apologizes) and added the Tindeck link and a backup link to the song. Just click that when you vote.

Anyway, it's Chickenwarlord to save the world again.

Here's the voting stage

In this three weeks holiday contest again not many songs appeared. Setokaibarocket was fast with his work, but the file got corrupted so it's not listenable at ThaSauce (it seems it works fine now, but I let the links there to make sure everything works).

I've add links you can follow to listen to the song from Setokaibarocket if it's not working at ThaSauce:

Tindeck Link

Googlepages Link

After the second extension Chickenwarlord and (a little to late, but it's OK) DjMokram did an entry.

It's time to vote. At the last moment three songs appeared. This means participations are encouraged to vote to claim their bonus (not for themselve of course). The winner from the last PRC, TheoConfidor, has a vote that counts twice.

The mixing stage is over. To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third. (only first and second for participants)

- State a reasoning for it.

You have until NEXT Wednesday, August 26th at 3:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC152 which is going to start Friday. It will be a regular contest.

The songs:

Setokaibarocket - Baghdad Rush 2049 or The Arabic Mix That Got Sidetracked

Chickenwarlord - Los Angeles Lag

DjMokram - Streets of Rush

It's results time.

It was hard to get some songs, but at the end still three remixes where up. Next time more, I hope. The voting stage got enough attention. Every remixer claimed his bonus and some others voted as well.

Total number of mixes - 3

Total number of votes - 6

Maximum Score - 18

Minimum Score - 6

Chickenwarlord posted an important song for the contest, but it ends with a last place wooden spoon with 8 points.

DjMokram was a little late, but not to late to not be in the contest. He gets 13 points and a second place.

And PRC151's winner is Setokaibarocket with 18 points!

Congratulations Setokaibarocket. Every voter voted you first and after 'winning' some last place wooden spoons, you now get the deserved jackpot. DjMokram and Chickenwarlord gave you the needed competition, also important for the contest. Setokaibarocket now has won PRC five times, Rexy is still the leader with 17 victories.

Setokaibarocket, you may select the next source for PRC152. That round will be regular (two weeks period). Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM before next Friday, August 28th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/bambombimremixcompetitienl

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc

See you all next Friday.