Album Project: The Darkness and the Light (Tentative) - ReMixers ahoy!

Bahamut

Interesting project. I noticed many of the songs that have been picked already come from "recent" games. Maybe some more love for the NES/SNES/Genesis/GameBoy? Some of the Japan-only or less known/popular games have very good soundtracks, if anyone minds taking some time to go through those. Alisia Dragoon (Genesis), Elfaria (SNES), Hebereke (NES), Soul Blazer (needz moar lurv), Summon Night 1&2(GBA), etc.

Interesting project. I noticed many of the songs that have been picked already come from "recent" games. Maybe some more love for the NES/SNES/Genesis/GameBoy? Some of the Japan-only or less known/popular games have very good soundtracks, if anyone minds taking some time to go through those. Alisia Dragoon (Genesis), Elfaria (SNES), Hebereke (NES), Soul Blazer (needz moar lurv), Summon Night 1&2(GBA), etc.

I'd be willing to take any suggestions from people for games that are unknown from that time period. I haven't played any of those games myself, and neither has Anso, so they didn't come to our mind when framing the tracklist. But that's why there's blanks, so artists can choose tracks they feel strongly about!

Also, I've sort of relented on my earlier comment Gario - I'd be perfectly thrilled if there was a team of people for game development for a free game to this album. Probably would have to be an RPG, but I feel like if there's the interest, it could be amazing for everyone involved.

Hmm... I'm almost 100% sure I won't be able to produce anything musically for this album (already involved with too much, as it is), but I could perhaps see if I could coordinate something for an RPG - I'm trying to get some outside connections for that, anyway, for other purposes.

When do you expect this project to be finished so I could have some idea of a time frame for this?

man all you kids got a lot to learn..

you take as many projects on as you can right?

then you eat your cereal, eggs, sausage and oj for breakfast

then you work your 9-5

then you do madd iron pumping

then you come home and do what you did in school. YOU CRAM AND STUDY FOR THE EXAM IN LIKE 2 DAYS FLAT!

do it!

do it!!!

all my ff4 project songs were done in 3 days each

DO IT!!!

excuses excuses...

you take as many projects on as you can right?

then you eat your cereal, eggs, sausage and oj for breakfast

then you work your 9-5

then you do madd iron pumping

then you come home and do what you did in school. YOU CRAM AND STUDY FOR THE EXAM IN LIKE 2 DAYS FLAT!

do it!

do it!!!

all my ff4 project songs were done in 3 days each

DO IT!!!

And that's why we hate you, as a community. No, really :tomatoface:.

Fine, I'm almost 80% sure I won't have anything for the project, with a 20% chance that I throw something together for it, at the last possible minute. There, it's a compromise, but the best I can do on such short notice. Happy, bLiNd?

im just pulling your leg bro. jade made me do it! aaarrghhh

im like completely overwhelmed hahaha

edit: but she challenges me as an artist and producer and that alone pushes me to new heights. sometimes your best work will be under pressure. just to reassure though, the tracks I chose are definately songs Im very familiar with and have a lot of ties to and am very passionate about, but seriously i was just being stupid haha

moral of the story? a wife is a good thing :) <3

Yes!!!! Finally...some Digital Devil Saga and Baten Kaitos love. Those are two of my favorite soundtracks. And Soundscape taking DDS? Man...I can't wait.

I'm seeing some unique soundtrack picks. Nice idea there, Bahamut. Good luck, everyone. I wish I can help...but I have no talent. :P

Both those tracks were my suggestions too :3 I'm a huge fan of Megura and Baten Kaitos is the only listenable soundtrack by Sakuraba. Man, this is gonna be fun on a bun!

AHA! So it took you four days per FFIV track, then? I guess your human, after all :tomatoface:.

Hey, getting someone to push you is certainly a good thing - I'm afraid I don't have that kind of luck, so it sucks to be me :).

Hey, you can always be my friend on AIM and I can friggin' push you to the max. I threaten Jewbei all the time... saying I'll mail him a bomb and all... :-P

So, here's a bunch of suggestions I've had rolling around in my head.

• My suggestion for the "Title Theme" as previously noted is either Alcahest - Title Screen (track 2) or Zelda 3 - Opening Demo (track 2) or some combination of the two. Yes I am that specific. They are similar in texture and even in melody and progression so it's not like it'd be impossible.
  • My suggestion for the "Opening Theme" (I realize you already listed one but I'm making a suggestion anyways) is Terranigma - Light and Darkness (track 2). How perfect would that be? Not only does the track's title fit perfectly, and not only is it an awesome epic track, you could begin and end with Terranigma. It's symmetry! It's fate!
  • My suggestion for "Character Theme #4" is Romancing SaGa 3 - Mikhael's Theme (track eight).
  • My suggestion for "Final Battle, Pt. 2" is Chrono Cross - Dragon God.

Now, in order to form a more perfect and complete RPG soundtrack you're still missing a few parts.

• For one, you need a "Fanfare" theme (after you win a fight). My suggestion is Plok! - Rocket Launcher (track 6).
  • Also what would be cool is some kind of "Sea Theme." The music that plays when your main party inevitably goes to another continent for the first time on a rickety old sailing ship. My suggestion is Nobunaga no yabou: Bushou fuun roku - Oda's Theme.
  • And of course, the main characters will inevitably be attacked by some kind of giant sea monster along the way. For a "Sea Battle" theme I suggest Xenogears - Stage of Death.
  • Also you need the obligatory "Minigame/Circus" theme. I suggest Do-Re-Mi Fantasy - Dessert Paradise (track 13).
  • Obligatory "Mysterious Forest" theme: Cardmaster - Silent Forest of Doubt (track 26).
  • And of course, no RPG is complete without a "You Died/Game Over/Continue?" theme. No specific suggestion for this from me. So many things to choose from...

And there you have it. I'd claim a track now but I'm already obligated to two other projects not even counting DIBF. Depending on what kind of time frame you're looking at I might take one though.

Hey, you can always be my friend on AIM and I can friggin' push you to the max. I threaten Jewbei all the time... saying I'll mail him a bomb and all... :razz:
No, I don't deserve that blessing - bLiNd can enjoy that one on his own :wink:.

By the way, how would you e-mail him a bomb... unless your talking an e-bomb, or something. Don't answer by sending me one, though - that'd just be rude 8O.

Hmm... I'm almost 100% sure I won't be able to produce anything musically for this album (already involved with too much, as it is), but I could perhaps see if I could coordinate something for an RPG - I'm trying to get some outside connections for that, anyway, for other purposes.

When do you expect this project to be finished so I could have some idea of a time frame for this?

This project could take 2 years - it could take longer, or even less (highly doubt less though). I'm mainly concerned about having high quality and heartfelt arrangements (at least for most of the tracks).

Yes!!!! Finally...some Digital Devil Saga and Baten Kaitos love. Those are two of my favorite soundtracks. And Soundscape taking DDS? Man...I can't wait.

I'm seeing some unique soundtrack picks. Nice idea there, Bahamut. Good luck, everyone. I wish I can help...but I have no talent. :P

Some of those unique soundtrack picks were actually anso's - he has played more of the obscure games than I have.

The Live-A-Live pick is there because I knew Tensei and others in #ocremix loved that particular track. Mischief Makers was a suggestion of Taucer's. Terranigma, Tales games, Secret of Evermore, and Lunar tracks were of my choosing.