Sega America/Europe Blog posts about OC ReMix and NiGHTS: Lucid Dreaming

Level 99

Well, it's fair to say that some sort of chain reaction started when I conveyed the idea of a huge communal remix for one rendition of "Dreams Dreams" for that there NiGHTS project I started up a little while ago. Yesterday, the NiGHTS forums over at www.nightsintodreams.com sent out an email to their members asking for assistance on the vocal tracks, as I want to give the chance for a good chunk of NiGHTS fans to take part in something that, through their years of keeping NiGHTS alive through fandom, deserved the ability to do.

Apparently, someone from the Sega community team got wind of this and made the following post, mentioning OCReMix, the project, the forum thread over where I'm organizing things with them, and...well, just see for yourself:

http://blogs.sega.com/europe/2009/10/05/ocremix-want-to-see-you-smile-again/

I'm pretty floored by how this sort of exploded in a single day, going from "hey, that's kind of a cool idea, hope I can get enough people to do it" to "WHOA, SOMEONE OR SOMETHING AT SEGA POSTED A BLOG ABOUT IT!"

They mention the other sega-related projects, like the Sonic albums. A decent bit of exposure for OCReMix that I definitely didn't see coming. :-o

Yeah I actually caught wind of this news through Sega's twitter, so you're definitely starting a chain reaction here. I didn't even know that a NIGHTS projects existed in OCR. Yeah, I don't check the projects section much.

Nice idea on the big collab. Props to OA for starting it out. Would be nice if all projects had something like this. Getting the NIGHTS community involved is also a pretty cool thing to do.

I'm interested in trying out for the chorus once you have more details on the matter. Good luck!

Bahahahaha! Dude, I'm going to have a small health-care-proposal's worth of papers just for thank you's on this track at this rate. For now, let me see how things over at their forums go, and I'll post here whenever I figure out if/how it will work here. It was originally intended to get the project mixers involved and members of their forums for keeping a NiGHTS presence alive for so long on the internet. Depending on how many people submit parts just from them by the cut-off date, I won't know if it will be possible to include more without destroying the sound, but we shall see.

Thanks for the encouragement, I'll my best not to disappoint! And MAD props to OA for getting this kind of idea started with Fabul and Zeromus. He's a big inspiration, that shiny-headed awesome-man.