Epic Mickey

Schwaltzvald

Pulling out the fanboy card so quickly? I really hate this argument, so I'll summarize a different way.

Look, the screenshots don't look very good when you compare them to the awesome concept art. OK. Got it. But this is the first time we've even seen the game, and we haven't seen much of it. Maybe it's like Wind Waker or Okami that only looks good once it's in motion (setting the bar too high, probably, but you get the idea)?

DON'T YOU EVER COMPARE THIS TO THOSE GAMES!! THOSE EARNED THE BRUSHFIRE SEAL OF APPROVAL. I was all for this game, till I heard it was on the Wii. Name all 7 Wii games worth owning. That's right, there are only 7 games worth owning drowning in a sea of shitty games.

There have also been some great Wii games without waggle as well as some great motion-controlled games - to automatically assume wii game = bad control is silly. In fact, one of the core mechanics of the game is the painting effect; as that will clearly make or break the game I doubt someone like Spector would just let it fall into "break."

Who are these Spector folks, I never heard of them until now. A quick wiki search yields that they are A FUCKING BASS COMPANY. I even tried alternative spelling. Turns out you meant Warren Spector, a guy who made Deus Ex, which wasn't bad, but it was a shooter. Hardly translates into a kids game, which is what the Wii plays by the way. On the Control problems, name one game that has benifited from Wii controls. I can think of one. Metroid Prime 3. And even then, the Sensor bar is wonky, the Wiimote is wonky, AND FUCK THE NUNCHAK, THAT THING IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF SHIT OUTSIDE OF A RED RINGED XBOX.

Or it could be a crapfest with waggle and Disney and n64 textures. Point is we really can't tell yet and it's still a year away. The article seems to indicate that Spector (who has a great track record, obviously) has a good idea of where this game needs to go to be great. At this point, that's enough for me. If we see gameplay a few months from now that looks catastrophic, I've got no problem abandoning all hope. But I've got no reason to yet...

And you totally finished your arguement for the game by saying it will suck. Not even blind Nintendo faith either. For Shame...

The problem with nearly all of the games on the Wii is the same problem with all of anime. Nintendo has no Quaility Assurance department, every single crappy thing that you can think of gets through. That is why this game exists.

The problem with nearly all of the games on the Wii is the same problem with all of anime.

I thought you hated all of anime in general.

As for the Wii, being the most popular, shouldn't it be expected to have tons of shit on it? For all we trash on the PS3 for lack of content and the 360 for shoddy hardware, The Wii is the con-artist's dream come true in the gaming industry.

Despite this, The Wii does have some actual worthwhile gems on it, or at least have titles that are good and bound to entertain someone.

Animal Crossing

Baroque (You'll have to really get into this mindfuck to enjoy it)

Battalion Wars 2

Castle of Shikigami III (OH SHIT A Wii SHMUP title!)

Deadspace: Extraction - (typical rail shooter but does a good job of it, mostly for fans of DS only)

De Blob

Dokapon Kingdom: (trolls and those that enjoy shitting on your associates would love this - Atlus has dubbed the game "friendship destroying" in their marketing materials)

Final Fantasy: (almost anything from the franchise is good on the Wii depending on the gamer so long as said gamer lets go of preconceived prejudices)

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Ghostbusters: The Game (surprisingly decent on the Wii)

Guilty Gear XX ^ Core

Harvest Moon (I know some still play the series for as long as it's chugging along)

Mushroom Men

No More Heroes (It was awesome and with upcoming sequel, who's to say it won't be more awesome)

Okami - (prefer the PS2 version myself personally)

Resident Evil (looks like Capcom's gonna port the rest of the original series onto the Wii, Zero and the remake already ported over to the Wii)

Rune Factory Frontier - {Harvest Moon with swordplay)

For all the "Biggest Loser"s, "Rock Band"s, and "Barbie/Bratz" garbage, there are some actually decent, if not good games for the Wii.

Didn't even mention Mario or Zelda this round.

Don't forget Zack & Wiki, Little King's Story, House of the Dead: Overkill, Excitebots, and the Klonoa Remake.

I remember seeing some stick figure comic (probably from 4chan, admittedly) where Stick Guy A is complaining about all the games that are on or coming to the Wii that he wants to play. Stick Guy B asks the obvious: "Why don't you just fucking buy a Wii?" A retorts with "Because it has no games!"

Maybe if people played something besides Mario, Metroid, and Smash Bros on the Wii, or heck, even tried games that don't score above 90 on metacritic, we wouldn't even need to have this discussion.

Maybe if people played something besides Mario, Metroid, and Smash Bros on the Wii, or heck, even tried games that don't score above 90 on metacritic, we wouldn't even need to have this discussion.

But then they'd have nothing to be bitter about or will worry about their rep as well as not earning trophies that amount to nothing! D:

I don't know about the whole blind love for the Wii, but I find it rather ignorant to say there's nothing actually good for the Wii, let alone any console.

(except for the 360 only because PC trumps it but that's just my opinion lol)

Then again I do have the Wii and PS3 so I must have a whole lot of nothing :<

We should wait till it comes out to see if it's shit or not.

I thought you hated all of anime in general. Except ones that prove themselves worthy

As for the Wii, being the most popular, shouldn't it be expected to have tons of shit on it? For all we trash on the PS3 for lack of content and the 360 for shoddy hardware, The Wii is the con-artist's dream come true in the gaming industry.

Despite this, The Wii does have some actual worthwhile gems on it, or at least have titles that are good and bound to entertain someone.

Animal Crossing - Suffers from Sims-Itis

Baroque (You'll have to really get into this mindfuck to enjoy it) - More Like Snoreroque

Battalion Wars 2 - Yeah that wasn't bad

Castle of Shikigami III (OH SHIT A Wii SHMUP title!) - Horrid

Deadspace: Extraction - (typical rail shooter but does a good job of it, mostly for fans of DS only) - Better Elsewhere

De Blob - Not Bad, Wouldn't buy it or anythin.

Dokapon Kingdom: (trolls and those that enjoy shitting on your associates would love this - Atlus has dubbed the game "friendship destroying" in their marketing materials) - Nah

Final Fantasy: (almost anything from the franchise is good on the Wii depending on the gamer so long as said gamer lets go of preconceived prejudices) - Final Fantasy hasn't seen a GOOD release since 6.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Suffers from JRPG Syndrome

Ghostbusters: The Game (surprisingly decent on the Wii) - Better on 360 or PS3

Guilty Gear XX ^ Core - Better Than Blazblue, but better on PSP

Harvest Moon (I know some still play the series for as long as it's chugging along) - Joy can be found, though it is better on the DS.

Mushroom Men - Barf

No More Heroes (It was awesome and with upcoming sequel, who's to say it won't be more awesome) - Yeah this was gem.

Okami - (prefer the PS2 version myself personally) - Better on PS... Oh wait you said that.

Resident Evil (looks like Capcom's gonna port the rest of the original series onto the Wii, Zero and the remake already ported over to the Wii) - If they had copied Metroid Prime's Controls, maybe, but better on PS2.

Rune Factory Frontier - {Harvest Moon with swordplay) - Better on DS.

For all the "Biggest Loser"s, "Rock Band"s, and "Barbie/Bratz" garbage, there are some actually decent, if not good games for the Wii.

Didn't even mention Mario or Zelda this round. - Better on Gamecube

Fixed for you.

At Cobalt: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

This thread is now again about Mickey and how the world of his next game should be dystopian steampunk and not bubblegum two shades darker.

Thank you for feex it, I rove you rong time.

So I looked at the screenshots... I'd like to see them turn the color palette down, for sure. No matter what happens, I think it's gonna be a bit of a mindfuck for people that are used to the 7 minute Mickey cartoons spreading joy and happiness. Will it be Resident Mickey: Attack of the Thrice Damned Demon Bunnies of the Apocalypse? I doubt it. That said, it'll at least get a rental when it comes out.

Thank you for feex it, I rove you rong time.

So I looked at the screenshots... I'd like to see them turn the color palette down, for sure. No matter what happens, I think it's gonna be a bit of a mindfuck for people that are used to the 7 minute Mickey cartoons spreading joy and happiness. Will it be Resident Mickey: Attack of the Thrice Damned Demon Bunnies of the Apocalypse? I doubt it. That said, it'll at least get a rental when it comes out.

As for the whole debate of GOOD Wii games, haven't we had this conversation for like a year or two now? And we still haven't gotten over it?:|

Getting back on the topic at hand...

After seeing some of the screen shots, I don't think I have that much confidence in the game (I didn't really know much about the game in the first place), of course, it's still a year before this game comes out, and the look could potentially change before then. And until it's out, I'd rather not get too over hyped for it.