OCR01143 - F-Zero "Silent Progression"

djpretzel

I think this is one of the best mixes up here on OCR. This is one of those songs that you could show to a classical piano player, not tell them the source, and know they would like it.

In fact, that's what I love about this site. How songs from games, which don't get the respect they deserve by the bigger world, can become so good and imaginative that they give other music a run for it's money.

I love this mix apart from that statement and listen to it whenever I need to relax or think about cruising in my hoover car.

• 6 months later...
Originally Posted by a_d

...As far as I'm concerned, this is the best piano solo remix of a video game theme that I've heard. ever.

I just may have to echo that! I've been a fan of OCRemix for close to a decade (though I've never posted/contributed), and this remix never ceases to amaze--I mean downright floor me, with the sincere, heartfelt expression that comes through. All carried on a wave a amazing performance talent. It's a blessing that fans like Jon are willing to share their talent and artistry with us.

• 4 months later...

Great piano vibe that gets us started. It's hard to tell someone that a piano arrangement from F-Zero actually works, but it does. This similar to your Xenogears piano piece in the play style, but this one has a personality all its own. A little more straight forward without the jazz interpolation until the back half of the piece, and I like. The fast runs in the middle were well done. The arrangement definitely keeps thing interesting and the piano production quality is tops once again. Not much more to say other than, great stuff!

• 3 years later...

Piano isn't necessarily the first thing I think of when I think of F-Zero, but when played right, it can be used on just about anything from what I've heard. And JJT executes it's beauty all over this ReMix. Age certainly doesn't seem to be a factor for this track, and everything has held up as well as one could hope for. Maybe I'll get around to actually playing more of F-Zero, but until then, I can just listen to this wonderful piece.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01143 - F-Zero "Silent Progression"