OCR oldskool Saturdays: Quake 3 Arena

FireSlash

Plus vehicles... I call dibs on driver seat for the Goliath.

That was fun. Old, kind of rough and maybe a little laggier than I would like, but god damn, we had some good matches there.

Though,I am still convinced that Bahamut/Bardic (can't recall which one at the moment) cheated on the assault level with the train. CHEATED, I SAYS! Using the rooftops is evil.

Also, I hope that I proved my snipernessity on Facing Worlds and Rook. Did you see the scores at the end? I was up there, man.

How about a game not about quick kills and rapid-fire shots, but of slow, methodical tactics and planning... namely, Homeworld. Specifically, Cataclysm. It's much more user-friendly and a good game can go for either a few minutes or a few hours.

Stupid Unreal Tournament demos. I can watch you get on the roof of the cars but you disappear after your encounter the turret.

Roof turret: Just run by it, using your dodge to get ahead of the gunfire.

Turrets in the last car: Drop in from roof, and hoof it to where you need to go, turrets shouldn't hit you more than once or twice.

I don't know about the quake 2 install base here, so we'll probably skip it and go to q3a.

Though, I'd like to alternate in and out of FPS games to mix things up. Homeworld Cataclysm was thrown out there, I might have a copy floating around that I never got around to playing, but I don't know what kind of interest there is. So for the sake of democracy, lets throw it up between q3a and hw:c

READYYYY... VOTE!

• 3 weeks later...