Castlevania Rebirth

Schwaltzvald

Made a search but didn't find a thread about it.

So Castlevania: Rebirth is essentially a remake of "Castlevania: The Adventure" on the Gameboy released way back in 1989.

Supposedly there's enough changes to the game that makes it a fresh take on the installment but still maintaining the story line it had involving Christopher Belmont.

As an extra, assuming my sources are spot on, the following link I made contains the actual sound track for the game.

As for the soundtrack it sounds as if they used the same guys who worked on the Contra: Rebirth sound track. One track in particularly named "midboss" had a riff that just made me think "CONTRA"...

cleaninmaido.jpg

The music for the game isn't bad (all remixes of classic Castlevania tunes, never a bad thing). Two problems I have with it are that the sound quality is sort of Genesis-y as opposed to higher quality SNES stuff (compositions are top notch since it's remixes, of course), and that Reincarnated Soul was used for stage 1 instead of Battle of the Holy.

The music for the game isn't bad (all remixes of classic Castlevania tunes, never a bad thing). Two problems I have with it are that the sound quality is sort of Genesis-y as opposed to higher quality SNES stuff (compositions are top notch since it's remixes, of course), and that Reincarnated Soul was used for stage 1 instead of Battle of the Holy.

Yeah that's what bothers me about my source...

I'll just have to wait... :?

Wasn't refering to Bloodlines (top notch tunes but technically lacking a bit, doesn't even use the PSG). What I meant was Konami's arcade hardware at the time. Listen to the arcade originals of Turtles in Time or Sunset Riders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-RTENXlwfw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms9CIi2CB9c

That's the sound they are going for with Castlevania Rebirth. Even the same orchestra hit and everything.

I'm disappointed that they ditched the first level theme from the original (Battle of the holy), which I thought was pretty cool since it was basically a remix of both Vampire Killer and Bloody Tears. Although now that I think of it, it would have been much more suited to a final area rather than an introduction stage.