Gran Turismo series - Moon over the Castle (Lunar Dioxide)

Level 99

So here's my next planned sub for OCR. It's a refined version of an OHC entry from a little while back. I'm aware there are a few issues with it, but if there's anything I have not already slated to be addressed, please let me know.

Lunar Dioxide (WIP2)

Currently on the to-do list:

* Less reverb and more dry-mix on the intro lead, as it sounds too distant

* Lower volume on lead during main rock portion of song, it's a tad loud.

* Planning some more usage of car SFX during certain parts, such as tire-screech-> crash right before the first chorus to assist in transition.

* Adding an organ during the chorus to really give the progression some drive.

* Adding a tambourine to sections.

* Considering some drum variation, but not much

* Intro choir to be added to last chorus for richer conclusion

* 5 year drivetrain warranty

* Seven cup holders

* Power doors

* A built-in Mr. Coffe- oh wait, I seem to have gotten off-topic.

Anyways, anything else to suggest, folks? (Thank you, Willrock and KyleJCrb for already giving some feedback)

I confirm, link is working. Why aren't you using Fireslash's OCR hosting though?

Anyway, here a remix for Kyle right here. ;)

Love the new peaceful intro, and nice race cars FXs right before the OHC part begins.

The sound is pleasant and the mix seems way cleaner now.

Should someone had presented me the song as part of an official GT soundtrack arrange album, I would have believed it.

It's just how good it is... well, to me at last. Once again, uncle Stevo delivers.

Once again, uncle Stevo delivers.

D: Why is that the second time this week someone has called me or alluded to me being an Uncle?! Well, at least I deliver. :-P

I don't use FireSlash's hosting because I pay my monthly for pro mediafire and make full use of it. Problem is I can't access the media-manager everywhere I go, so sometimes links get botched. No worries, though.

Thanks for the feedback, dude, especially the comment about the arrangement album. Now I'm gonna push REALLY hard to make this a winner.

YOU%27RE_WINNER_trophy.jpg

Yup, the only reason I did mine was for Kyle to not have me on his list of people to threaten for making MotC remixes anymore. You don't know the lurking horrors that go on over at his forums.

It's similar to the travesties of the child-workers in Temple of Doom, but 10 times worse...and with grown men and women who remix video game music.

Saying words that might actually matter or not, pending a few tweaks from feedback I think this is ready to sub.

Stupid damn Stevo.

This is awesome. Can't say this beats the GT2 version, since that is one of the best vg tracks ever, but I could definitely face the turned unmod horde with this playing in the background. If you know what I mean, you should know that's a damned fine compliment.

You keep getting better. Rock on man.

Edit: just to clarify, I wasn't calling anyone names; it was a play on ilp0's remix title of the same theme, and since he posted in this thread it somehow made sense in my mind to reference it, albeit poorly.

Stupid damn Stevo.

This is awesome. Can't say this beats the GT2 version, since that is one of the best vg tracks ever, but I could definitely face the turned unmod horde with this playing in the background. If you know what I mean, you should know that's a damned fine compliment.

You keep getting better. Rock on man.

That unmod comment is probably one of the coolest unconventional compliments I've ever received. Kudos, you win an imaginary plushie toy! Thanks for the support, man, and let us hope that the unmod horde doesn't notice your presence. Just slip by that car with the alarm and don't touc-

*car alarm goes off*

K.B. alerted the horde!!!