Imaginary consoles

Thin Crust

The fan-made mockup of the PSP Go is by far the sexiest fake console i've ever seen (i was really disappointed with the real PSP (does not) Go (hey, who designed that handheld, the people who made the Chevy Nova? eh? eh?) and that portable Xbox-ish thing with a flipout screen and brushed metal interior is... hot.

To hell with bezel. If the surface isn't 98-100% covered with screen, why the hell would you have an entirely separate surface on the device for the screen to start with?

I wonder how long until random google image searches generates results including some of the ideas posted in this thread, sparking a flurry of psychotic fanboy posting on unrelated forums about the "leaked photos of the generation beyond next" and prompting massive outcry to get said nonexistent consoles...

It'll be Duke Nukem Forever all over again.

• 1 month later...

Actually...

They have transparent LCD screen now, as the above video shows. Imagine if they could put that onto the controller. It would be weird at first, but it might be kind of cool.

Put a motion tacking system in the controller (which we already have, and is the way everyone is going), and then make it so that when you hold it up to your eye and look at the TV, the screen on the controller shows you some hidden things, like stats or items or whatever. A little augmented reality in your video games, if you will.

Gimmicky as hell, but it might be a cool idea if doe right.

Actually... They have transparent LCD screen now, as the above video shows. Imagine if they could put that onto the controller. It would be weird at first, but it might be kind of cool.

Put a motion tacking system in the controller (which we already have, and is the way everyone is going), and then make it so that when you hold it up to your eye and look at the TV, the screen on the controller shows you some hidden things, like stats or items or whatever. A little augmented reality in your video games, if you will.

Gimmicky as hell, but it might be a cool idea if done right.

That... Is actually a legitimately cool idea. Reminds me of that stupid DSi ghost game, but I'm sure some better use could evolve from it. Just a little bonus, like a Lens of Truth sort of thing.