Half Minute Hero

The Biznut

LONG VERSION:

I love video games, especially classic RPG's but as a full time student and business owner, I don't have near as much time for them as I used to. I found time to wrap Halo ODST back in October, but that aside I think it has been at least 12 months since I have wrapped a game, and probably 4 years since I have played through an RPG.

Well that is going to change tonight.

I made a quick stop at the local EBGames after lunch with some friends over this Christmas break, and as I was looking around, Half Minute Hero caught my attention. A friend said he had heard something about it being like a bunch of classic RPG style games but everything has a 30 second limit, or something like that. I ended up getting it, as I was obviously curious about the game. And now I am hooked. I can't seem to put this game down, or say no to it once I start. It has the storyline of a classic RPG, it is epic in a lighthearted and quirky way, the dialog is entertaining. The different game modes add some balance and variety, there are hidden secrets for the treasure hunter in me, and rankings / multiple paths for my completionist side.

I think I will have it wrapped tonight, and it has been a ton of fun.

SHORT VERSION:

Sweet PSP Game called Half Minute Hero. Anybody played it?

I finally beat the final section of the story mode, after several tries. It was a good challenge, I managed to do it with about 4 seconds left. I was sweating it out as those seconds were counting down, I think I had been at it for an hour at least! My final time was 5:55:xx I think.

Addictive indeed Arek! Amazingly fun, and unique.

Gonna see if I can handle Hero 3 now :D

HOLY @!#%!@%$# EDIT

SON!

OF!

A!

BITCH!!!

Yeah, so after beating the game I managed to LOAD instead of SAVE. My PSP has been on sleep for a few days, last I saved was 20% through Knight 30.

guess I won't be playing any Hero 3 tonight.....

LAME!

No worries. I purposefully restarted my game many times because it is fun to play the missions over again. It is one of those games that I really don't mind restarting ever.

Have fun with hero 3. If you can't beat it, I have some tips for you that I figured out that will make it a breeze. Took me about 30 minutes to figure it out, but once I did, the mode is no problem.

• 2 weeks later...