At least Fox News will be telling the truth when they bag it

Wacky

You know this may explain your failed relationships

;)

Edit: I'm sorry but it needed to be poked at

Pun intended

Double Edited: I find it amazing that no one considered the possible other plotlines that provoke metaphysical and philosophical discussion arising in ME1

1. Genocide (Is it truly right to genocide a race, no matter how "evil" it might be?)

2. The interplay between honourable surrender (As Saren attempts)) and Fighting for your Rights? Too bad this got subverted in that Sovereign had no intention of giving anyone any rights after winning, but imagine if it did...?

3. The possibility that your Hero may have just committed Treason against the people he swore a duty and oath to (The Citadel Council) so he could advance his own special interests? (if you let the council die because you think humanity should take over.) Those who think "The citadel are dicks" should remember that each soldier of the United States swears an Oath to defend the country and is only allowed to disobey ILLEGAL orders, not just stupid orders.

4. The fact that if you use incendiary or polonium rounds, you're killing people in ways that are outlawed on Earth? (Incendiary and anti personnel rounds of the kind depicted in Mass Effect are, in fact, illegal to use under the Hague convention, and soldiers are taught this- For example, Don't Use the Barrett .50 cal. against people unless you have nothing else because it's a war crime)

This is why the opposition will never be successful with their attempts to get videogames banned. They never dig deep enough to sound like they have a compelling argument. It's all "there's violence and sex in this game! Ban it!" without looking at the actual product or the context.

This is why the opposition will never be successful with their attempts to get videogames banned. They never dig deep enough to sound like they have a compelling argument. It's all "there's violence and sex in this game! Ban it!" without looking at the actual product or the context.

I agree.

They don't even consider the fact that the game isn't being designed for 12 year old kids, it's being designed for 18 year old adults. Still, underage people get into R rated movies all the time. It's not the end of Camelot and they really ought to shut up about it.

this ace guy makes me miss Ace!

thanks I think.

Far as MA goes I agree with Flare. It wasn't designed for children. Video games are growing up. Because the audience is growing up. The kids that started the whole gaming rage are getting pretty old by now, and if your really a gamer you don't ever actually grow out of it. Maybe life gets busy and you lose the time , but once your in your in. So I think it's great to have some more serious games. Not to mention it's just good business for the gaming companies. I mean why sell them just to children when you can make games for everyone?

What I always find interesting about news reports like these is that the games they always nitpick often leave all controversial choices up to the player. If Mom and Dad raised little Billy right, then maybe he wouldn't be trying to get secret PG-13 romance scenes, much less tricking his parents into buying him a Mature title..

It's not like the game forces you to do anything controversial if you don't want to. In all cases you have to pursue whatever you want, be it being a racist space bigot or pursuing a relationship. They even ask you blatantly if you want to go through with it. "You want a relationship?" "Good Cop, or Bad Cop?" The game specifically asks you want to do. The story in the game becomes a machination of the player's choices. You can be a Mr. Goody Twoshoes if you really wanted to, and VOILA, you get a salute instead of a love scene. HELL! This is not news, and I'm sick of seeing people overreacting about video games targeted at adults.

Yeah, FOX News wants everyone to be married 5 years before they even know what sex is, much less think about it. Ironically, they're the leading network in hiring attractive ditzes to get more viewers. Messed up, no?

There are worse things going on in Mass Effect 2 than relationships. All that stuff in the previous post mentions it... racism, genocide, mass murder, choosing to kill for your own agenda, and unlawful/violent interrogation tactics ....

oh wait, right, FOXNews might like that last one...

yeah and for all the xenophobic themes going on in Mass Effect 2, you'd think FOX would love this game.

... would it help if I made Female Shepherd look like Sarah Palin? She'd get gun (NRA political message, clearly) and she'd get to kill people that look different from her!

/rant

EDIT : JUST ONCE I'D LOVE TO SEE SOMEONE REPORT ON STUPID PARENTS THAT LET THEIR CHILDREN PLAY MATURE TITLES. HELL, REPORT ABOUT STORES LETTING KIDS BUY THE GAME... the medium isn't what's wrong here. At all.

I really enjoyed Mass Effect 2... played through it 3 times.

For example you can choose to sleep with Jack right away but then it'll just be shallow and she'll feel bad. If you actually talk to her, get to know her and develop a proper relationship.. well, then you get an ACHIEVEMENT

Although why anyone would want to sleep with Jack is perhaps more of a mystery.

Incidentally, is this our official Mass Effect 2 thread now? Because if it is, I just beat it. And everybody lived. And it was grand. Especially since you get to keep playing after the ending. Hopefully Mass Effect 3 will recognise any saves made after the game is complete; that way you won't have to start a whole new game just because you missed one sidequest that will turn out to have consequences in the sequel.

That said, I have one major complaint, and I think we all know what it is. Scanning planets for minerals. Boring, boring, BORING. And going to the Local Cluster to probe Uranus didn't make up for it.

EDIT: I also like how they made Paragon Shepard a lot less stiff in this game. Used to be you'd have to go for a Renegade option to do anything cool or funny, but now you can joke around with your party members and get a couple of awesome moments without compromising your blue bar. Very satisfying to shove that arrogant volus and tell off the C-sec officer, then point out that, whoops, I'm a Spectre and you can't do shit about it.

Also, anyone who can get through That Scene without doing the Paragon interrupt to give Tali a hug has no soul.