OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

im pretty sure theres no one thats good with the sandman on the server since i only used it for 2 days about an hour each day and i already have the global stun award

bonk is actually pretty useful and i find myself switching to it if i use the sandman

the fan isnt useful at all ill pick a medic with it and then wanna take out whoever he was healing before he realizes im there but i cant and by the time i reload he knows im there and getting the kill is much more difficult

yeah man i can barely play at all anymore now that ive got a new job (also ive been playing ff13 any spare moments that i can play videogames at all)

I've played 5 minutes of that game and couldn't stomach anymore :(

the fan isnt useful at all ill pick a medic with it and then wanna take out whoever he was healing before he realizes im there but i cant and by the time i reload he knows im there and getting the kill is much more difficult

Since the Scout was originally designed with just the Scattergun, it stands to reason that it would be a more general purpose weapon than any unlocks for it. The way you play Scout, the FAN doesn't offer much. Fair enough. But that doesn't mean that the FAN is useless.

Since the Scout was originally designed with just the Scattergun, it stands to reason that it would be a more general purpose weapon than any unlocks for it. The way you play Scout, the FAN doesn't offer much. Fair enough. But that doesn't mean that the FAN is useless.

the fan, like a lot of the unlocks, are only really useful if youre not very good at the class

it allows people to get that [slightly] easier kill that i guess they wouldnt have been able to get normally but then you cant go anywhere from there

once you gain any proficiency at all with the scattergun the regular one is far superior its ridiculous

im pretty sure theres no one thats good with the sandman on the server since i only used it for 2 days about an hour each day and i already have the global stun award

I rarely play Scoot any more. I played it a lot more when the ball would stun ubered people. That I keep the FaN equipped just because I use it on a single map should have been a big hint...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

a

since its 3 items im really hoping its the 3 items that were supposedly accepted when the valve used some pro players to test weapons

thatd be the pdq gru and fireproof suit (and theres already a vtf of the fireproof suit in the game)

i really like all 3 of them too

pdq would make engineer actually fun gru will give the heavy a long long long needed buff and fireproof suit will make playing basically any class fun because youll have dumb spies on the other that think giving up their revolver for any reason is a good idea

since its 3 items im really hoping its the 3 items that were supposedly accepted when the valve used some pro players to test weapons

thatd be the pdq gru and fireproof suit (and theres already a vtf of the fireproof suit in the game)

i really like all 3 of them too

pdq would make engineer actually fun gru will give the heavy a long long long needed buff and fireproof suit will make playing basically any class fun because youll have dumb spies on the other that think giving up their revolver for any reason is a good idea

I'm going to add that, depending on whether or not the fireproof suit blocks afterburn, it has the potential to be useful with the Dead Ringer. (Foolproof feigns vs. Pyros? Yes please.) Losing the Revolver/Ambassador will definitely hurt like a mother though.

That is all.

Speaking of hats, got a new one yesterday (Heavy's Football Helmet) and according to TF2Items, I have another one in my queue of items (Engineer's bald hat thingy). I say queue because the server I'm on isn't showing them to me when I die. >:/

Edit: Oh, OK... suiciding won't award the items to you, it has to be a death by an enemy.

"A required update for Team Fortress 2 is the on way. It should be live in 1 hour."

I'll be around to update the servers then.

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the update. The specific changes include:

- Added items submitted to the Contribute! site by members of the community. Submit your own creations! http://www.teamfortress.com/contribute/

Edit 2: Servers are both back up.

Ahh, the servers' uptime was so short-lived. Oh well.

Both servers are back up again now.

When I update the servers, I take RED down, which auto-updates the game files. After it's back up, I take BLU down, which doesn't need to update its files (because they share files). However, it does wait to check the latest version on Steam, which is slow sometimes.

Also, here's a list of updated files, in case you're curious:

92.86% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\demo\hallmark.dx90.vtx

92.97% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\demo\hallmark.mdl

93.01% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\demo\hallmark.vvd

93.02% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\engineer\weldingmask.dx90.vtx

93.17% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\engineer\weldingmask.mdl

93.21% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\engineer\weldingmask.vvd

93.22% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\heavy\hounddog.dx90.vtx

93.36% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\heavy\hounddog.mdl

93.43% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\heavy\hounddog.vvd

93.44% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\medic\medic_mask.dx90.vtx

93.67% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\medic\medic_mask.mdl

93.86% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\medic\medic_mask.vvd

93.87% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\pyro\pyro_brainsucker.dx90.vtx

94.03% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\pyro\pyro_brainsucker.mdl

94.05% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\pyro\pyro_brainsucker.vvd

94.06% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\scout\beanie.dx90.vtx

94.14% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\scout\beanie.mdl

94.18% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\scout\beanie.vvd

94.19% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\sniper\pith_helmet.dx90.vtx

94.20% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\sniper\pith_helmet.mdl

94.39% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\sniper\pith_helmet.phy

94.53% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\sniper\pith_helmet.vvd

94.54% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\soldier\soldier_samurai.dx90.vtx

94.54% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\soldier\soldier_samurai.mdl

94.78% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\soldier\soldier_samurai.phy

95.33% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\soldier\soldier_samurai.vvd

95.34% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\spy\noblehair.dx90.vtx

95.57% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\spy\noblehair.mdl

95.84% ./orangebox\tf\models\player\items\spy\noblehair.vvd

95.85% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_chocolate\c_chocolate.dx90.vtx

95.85% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_chocolate\c_chocolate.mdl

96.09% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_chocolate\c_chocolate.phy

96.31% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_chocolate\c_chocolate.vvd

96.31% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_paintrain\c_paintrain.dx90.vtx

96.32% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_paintrain\c_paintrain.mdl

96.55% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_paintrain\c_paintrain.phy

97.25% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_paintrain\c_paintrain.vvd

97.26% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_sledgehammer\c_sledgehammer.dx90.vtx

97.27% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_sledgehammer\c_sledgehammer.mdl

97.50% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_sledgehammer\c_sledgehammer.phy

98.14% ./orangebox\tf\models\weapons\c_models\c_sledgehammer\c_sledgehammer.vvd

99.14% ./orangebox\tf\resource\tf_english.txt

99.65% ./orangebox\tf\scripts\items\items_game.ctx

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\scripts\items\items_game.txt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\motd_text.txt

Updating 'Team Fortress 2 Materials' from version 49 to version 50

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\steam.inf

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\demo\hallmark.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\demo\hallmark_large.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\engineer\weldingmask.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\engineer\weldingmask_large.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\heavy\hounddog.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\heavy\hounddog_large.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\medic\medic_mask.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\medic\medic_mask_large.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\pyro\pyro_brainsucker.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\pyro\pyro_brainsucker_large.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\scout\beanie.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\scout\beanie_large.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\sniper\pith_helmet.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\sniper\pith_helmet_large.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\soldier\soldier_samurai.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\soldier\soldier_samurai_large.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\spy\noblehair.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\player\items\spy\noblehair_large.vmt

99.93% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\weapons\c_models\c_chocolate\c_chocolate.vmt

99.94% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\weapons\c_models\c_chocolate\c_chocolate_large.vmt

99.94% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\weapons\c_models\c_paintrain\c_paintrain.vmt

99.94% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\weapons\c_models\c_paintrain\c_paintrain_large.vmt

99.94% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\weapons\c_models\c_sledgehammer\c_sledgehammer.vmt

99.94% ./orangebox\tf\materials\backpack\weapons\c_models\c_sledgehammer\c_sledgehammer_large.vmt

99.94% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\player\items\demo\hallmark_blue.vmt

99.95% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\player\items\demo\hallmark_red.vmt

99.95% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\player\items\engineer\weldingmask_blue.vmt

99.96% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\player\items\engineer\weldingmask_red.vmt

99.96% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\player\items\heavy\hounddog.vmt

99.96% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\player\items\medic\medic_mask_blue.vmt

99.97% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\player\items\medic\medic_mask_red.vmt

99.97% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\player\items\pyro\pyro_brainsucker.vmt

99.97% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\player\items\scout\beanie_blue.vmt

99.98% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\player\items\scout\beanie_red.vmt

99.98% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\player\items\sniper\pith_helmet.vmt

99.98% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\player\items\soldier\soldier_samurai_blue.vmt

99.99% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\player\items\soldier\soldier_samurai_horn.vmt

99.99% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\player\items\soldier\soldier_samurai_red.vmt

99.99% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\player\items\spy\noblehair.vmt

99.99% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\weapons\c_items\c_chocolate.vmt

100.00% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\weapons\c_items\c_chocolate_blue.vmt

100.00% ./orangebox\tf\materials\models\weapons\c_items\c_paintrain.vmt

(SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO DISCOVER THE NEW ITEMS ON THEIR OWN)

9 Hats:

Scout - Troublemaker's Tossle Cap

Soldier - Killer's Kabuto

Pyro - Triboniphorus Tyrannus (Jigglebone'd)

Demoman - Hustler's Hallmark (Jigglebone'd)

Heavy - Hound Dog

Engineer - Hotrod

Medic - Physician's Procedure Mask (Misc. Slot)

Sniper - Shooter's Sola Topi

Spy - Magistrate's Mullet

3 Weapons:

Heavy - The Dalokoh's Bar (Secondary)

• +50 HP for 30 Seconds
  • Cannot be dropped like Sandvich

Soldier/Demoman - The Pain Train (Melee)

• +1 capture rate
  • +10% damage from bullets

Pyro - The Homewrecker (Melee)

• +100% damage vs. buildings
  • -25% damage vs. players

Source and Pics.

(DISCLAIMER: Exact numbers may be off on the weapons. I'm just ripping from the OP.)