Pokémon R/B/Y/FR/LG Lavender Town Remix

This strays a bit from the original version, but definately not as much as the arceus song. I made this one build a lot more than the others, but i know there are still a few imperfections. there were some really hard decisions to make on this song. I was going for a relatively synthetic sound moreover, which is why the violins sound a little wishy-washy. Anyways, please tell me what you think!

Link to song:

@Emunator Hahaha i got totally got up in that beat. i felt the need to keep at least one part of the main (first) four notes the entire song, as that is how the original goes. i totally understand where ur coming from; i had too many copy/paste add-on and not enough melodic changes in some parts. some parts felt really blank, plus its 5 minutes of it, which causes a bit of drag. thanks, i will work on all of that :)

@SLyGeN Yes i have made plans to trully edit this; a new edit should be here over the weekend; i plan to shorten the less exciting and "dragging" parts quite a bit to make it more dramatic. also, at the end, i think i will go somewhere with that key change i was making. Idk about changing the 4 solid notes; it always kept tempo and sounded cool. anyways, i shall be working on this.

@Cyril hahaha thanks if i had my editing computer right now i'd be working on this song. getting closer; i really have some good ideas for improvements on this one. lol i will make the bass phatter on this :)

@ Evahn yeah im working on the bass and the repetitiveness. i ahvent had time to do much yet, but im working on it. and there is bass there, its just not very phat as of yet. i need to add more punch to it, and i will. i am shortening it and making it less repetative.

The beat you've got going toward the beginning is really neat, but it's unfortunately just copied and pasted a bunch of times which makes the intro seem to drag.

You do have some pretty interesting sound choices going on and this mix overall feels a lot more cohesive than the Arceus mix, which is a plus. When you get to the B-part of the source it especially sounds good :-D

Overall though, the mix itself does feel repetitive because you use the same loops and same sounds throughout much of the 5 minute song. I think this has some cool ideas and it clicks pretty well most of the time, just needs a bit more creative enhancements to the melody, instrumentation, or the beat.

Enjoyable listen though :-)

I'm pretty much gonna second everything Emunator said. The top melody sounds beautiful when it comes in, and I like some of the dynamics you added to some of the more dramatic notes, but I think you need to add some more variation to the beginning, or simply delete a few of your copypastas. I think you need to write a stronger ending, too.

I like the original material you added. There's nothing wrong with straying from the original version. For some variation, I'd say stray more in the latter parts of the mix. Try transposing the music to a different key, or different mode perhaps, and play with retrogrades and inversions to get some more mileage.

Also, those four repeating notes do get a little old after a while. Don't feel like you have to use them throughout the entire piece for the sake of staying true to the original tune. The point of a remix is to change it up a bit, right?

I like where this mix is going. I plan to lurk this thread and yell at you some more.

hmmm ... the intro needs something to keep it more interesting, and I'm definitely going to agree with Cyril, it needs some BASS. Or rather, I wish it had some bass. PHAT bass.

I didn't listen to it all ... it's a little repetitive ...

BUT I'd be down to check out the final product, that's for sure. I like what you've got going on.